Is there a demand for Rock Island reskins?

fourteen

+ Is there a demand for Rock Island re skins? Thinking of doing some of them if there is enough demand for them. Some will be the stock ones from trainz, which we can do correct? And some will be re skins of some other people mesh's once I get permission first.

There is some WM steam on the DLS, K&L Trainz, and Trainz forge. There is WM Diesel throughout the DLS, and n8phu made some WM F7A's and B's and their on the erecting hall. But I agree, there has to be some Rock Island content. I would love to see a CRI&P 4-8-4 in Trainz :D

I know 3 of the authors I want to re skin. A couple I am not sure to ask, as they are a re skin also, do I ask both, or the original author? The last one I am not sure who is the author as I had cloned it, hopefully the config file has there name in it.

Parailfan I am open to doing other railroads time permitting and sharing the computer with family.

Josephaban I had done a couple steam locomotives in rock island for my own use. However I lost ever thing in 2012 to a data base error. It delated ever thing I had download/modified/made etc. Made me so mad I stopped playing till now.

url.jpg

This is a real thing to see in trainz!

I have gotten a few reskins done, however trying to figure out how to get auto running numbers to work on them. I hope to be able to start asking the owners permission this week for there okay's. The built in stock ones from trainz we can modify and upload right?

I have got permission from two of the authors so far to reskin there work. waiting on a couple more to answer back. Still trying to get the ARN numbers to work, if so body can point me in the right direction to get them to work. I have copied over the lines from one that works to the one I am working on, and they do not show up in game.

This post is a little out of date I think as I could not get it to work also. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?59311-ARN

There are a lot of types of ARN, most of them you need to move things in the mesh to move the numbers. If the numbers are in the right place it should work. If it uses a script call you may need to put your kuid number where the maker has his.

I have read about the script thing, however I cant figure out where in the config file that kuid number is at? or is it in the script.gs file? ( have not looked there for it)
and by kuid number you mean the one that the game assigned me? . Thanks.

I have gotten permission from 3 of the 4 authors so far to do reskins on there stuff. Awaiting to hear from CincySouthernRwy for his permission. Which I see has not been on july 2015. And I see that PWeiser has not been seanse 2012. wanted to reskin some of his stuff also.

Last edited:
Here is a list of some of the locomotives I have been working on gp38-2, gp40, sd-40, sw-1, sw-1200, e-8, u-25b, u-30c, a what I call a Alco c-2000, a couple hopper cars. Things planning on doing dl-109, f-7 units.

Last edited:
I hope to post some this weekend as next two days my time is already spook for. Still trying to get ARN to work on some of them.

Sounds like future vapourware to me. No screenshots, and you asked if someone wants them. When you build something "for the community" rather than yourself it very rarely ends up complete.

Jamie

Or maybe want to get the authors permission before I post anything. Building them for me and whoever wants to download them.

Hope to post pictures today of the GP40 and SD40, U25b, U30c.

On a side note does anyone know the permission on this unit EMD E8A IC (ARN) - Magicland. He has not been on in forever. The file does not say anything one way or the other about reskining.

Back