ECML updates

DominikB

This is hands down probably my favourite route, I loved seeing it grow with every release of a new version of Trainz. However, I'm curious if we'll see any more updates to do route going forward? Will we see the route move on it time to the mid 90s, or even extended northwards or westwards to Glasgow?

will we see a high quality HST model? :)

if anyone knows about an plans for the ECML route, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I’m pleased to hear you like the ECML and must say there are quite a few fans across the world. I’m very proud at what the team have produced over the years but for quite a substantial time it’s just been only myself developing the route. Some sections have been sitting on the shelf for years before being added to the next version. If you think about it for a moment you would work out I’m always working on at least a version or two in front of what’s the latest version you see.

It’s up to N3V if they are happy to continue including the route in the game. All I can say is I’m extending and updating the route but doesn’t mean you will see it. You will have to wait and see.:'(

I would like to produce a modern version but would need a content builder to help me before I ever started. I do knock up around 40hr a week on the route in the evenings and weekends so always something going on behind the scenes in updating. It’s getting to the season of Diesel Galas so will be spending more time on these. I’m one of the drivers of D6700 at the Bluebell Railway in a couple of weeks and then SVR Gala. I’m also in charge of the work needed on 55019 which is out of traffic till August so any help would be grateful if anyone fancy’s helping in a modern version.

Out of interest tomorrow night ( Friday ) on the real ECML where I live is a brand new class 800 going to London, North Pole while in the opposite direction is a Eurostar going for scrap. They both pass each other within 30 mins of each other at Copenhagen Tunnel where the IEP goes onto the North London line and the towed Eurostar with a class 66 comes out of St Pancreas.

How things have change on the ECML !

Diagrams below -

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K97573/2017/03/17/advanced

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R02925/2017/03/17/advanced

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

Hi Stuart
The one extension I would have liked would have been Doncaster to Wakefield, Leeds and Bradford - the route of the White Rose the, problem with this section is complexity.

Ken

The Hadrians Wall line would also be nice. (the one from Newcastle to Carlisle)
And, having been in Berwick, I would love to see a new, more realistic bridge there!
Thanks for this wonderful route!

Back