Fast Copy

big_b

Have always used it to backup without any problems to back up tane user which is now at 192gb
Now it continually locks up between 60-80gb and wont move.
Have reinstalled but no difference
When it locks up I cancel the copy and exit but its still running cant shut it off with task manager either have to power off PC & reboot.
Any Ideas or other alternatives that copy the same as Fast Copy?

Dave

Have always used it to backup without any problems to back up tane user which is now at 192gb
Now it continually locks up between 60-80gb and wont move.
Have reinstalled but no difference
When it locks up I cancel the copy and exit but its still running cant shut it off with task manager either have to power off PC & reboot.
Any Ideas or other alternatives that copy the same as Fast Copy?

Dave

I use that program all the time myself and I have no issues with it even copying my complete install of over 730GB of data. (Gasp! Gulp!).

So there's got to be something going on here which is causing yours not to work properly.

How much space do you have on your destination drive?

Is anything running that shouldn't be such as T:ANE for example, or may some kind of other utility which is running a scheduled disk scan?

Have you defragged your hard drives recently? This includes your external drive as well.

Have you checked your drives for errors? If your external drive is failing, this can cause this problem, and if it is this drive get another drive and copy your data off of it!

1.5TB
Have checked all of the above
Last try locked up at 2.6gb
Set buffer to 4069 made no difference

1.5TB
Have checked all of the above
Last try locked up at 2.6gb
Set buffer to 4069 made no difference

Figures. I thought it would be easy once I sent out some questions! ;)

Try emptying your Internet Cache folder in your T:ANE user data folder. This stuff will sometimes give Windows a fit when it comes to copying and moving files. This is the stuff cached when you download stuff from the DLS.

It's worth a shot and hopefully this does the trick.

Not sure what it was but something to do with the HDD no errors or anything showed up on tests.
Tried to copy to and from disk & failed also wouldn't copy from and to the same disk
other drives had no problems.
removed drive and reinstall ( hot swap racks ) reformatted
now seems ok

Back