New HO Steam Loco?

spiffy101

Fan of Everything Train
Hey,
Just today, my brother slipped and fell on my CN 4-8-2 loco crushing it's tender. Due to the engine requiring the tender, it won't work. Anybody have a suggestion for a steam loco fitting these requirements?

1. Not to expensive (150 tops)
2. Any Canadian or American road name
3. Preferably sold by itself
4. Not DCC, normal DC.

Thanks.

well first of all, where was the 4-8-2 located to have been slipped, and crushed?:eek:
depending on the brand, you might want to contact the maker, as they might be able to fix, or replace the tender, as most model makers do.
hopefully, next time, you dont place the engine where it can get crushed!:hehe: :eek: :eek: :confused:
Cheers,
Sean

Well, it was next to a castle that was supported by temporary blocks. My brother hit it and it fell on top of the tender. The maker is unknown and I have no clue where it came from. I'll try and get it repaired, but it doesn't look to good.

there should be a marking on either the tender frame, or on the bottom of the locomotive itself.

Decent steam loco's
1. IHC Premier series (make sure it's marked Premier)
good running (and cheap), detail does have something to be desired though
2. Spectrum (black box gold lettering)
Just avoid the Bachmann (white box red lettering) and they'll be fine
3. AHM/Rivarossi (AHM is a re-boxed Rivarossi)
AHM is hard to find, but ebay has plenty of them. Rivarossi is a good name but even older units can be expensive depending on the size/condition.

ONE SWEET SUGGESTION!

Micromark.com has Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0's with DCC and sound for $142.50! I have DC right now too and mine in Santa Fe paint works on DC too!

Dan

Back