WARNING! Colorado71 website is comprimised, do not visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8phu

Purveyor of the Forgotten
Warning to all,

Colorado71's website has been hacked and has been infected with a virus. Someone I know got hit tonight.

Please stay away until Colorado71 has fixed it.

Last edited:
I have confirmed the site (desktop and mobile) tries to inject this code into your Windows environment:

F3xQeI9.jpg

I cannot confirm such a story. A visit to the website brought no harm I am aware of at this time. It did have a pop-up from advertisements, but as far as being malicious I cannot confirm the site being infected with a virus. Perhaps other users can chime in here, as the ordeal is quite serious. Have you PM'd Colorado71 with this information?

I cannot confirm such a story. A visit to the website brought no harm I am aware of at this time. It did have a pop-up from advertisements, but as far as being malicious I cannot confirm the site being infected with a virus. Perhaps other users can chime in here, as the ordeal is quite serious. Have you PM'd Colorado71 with this information?

Yes I did PM him
awaiting a Reply.

just to be on the safe side i will visit his site on a virtual machine
VMs can contain viruses without damaging your physical machine

After further examination, and further virus scan. I found no problems. But however, Colorado has taken his site down for the time being. Hopefully whatever the issue can be resolved, and a well known member of the community can continue his efforts for our benefit to enjoy.

I have confirmed the site (desktop and mobile) tries to inject this code into your Windows environment

If you mean 'inserts this code into the displayed web page' then that is nothing to do with a virus. It is just a standard pay-per-click ad.

Don49plm got his pc locked when he went to site. He has since got the issue fixed but congrats to those who dont get a virus. Theres nothing wrong with a potential heads up. Jesus christ.

I’m the one that Chris is saying this happed to. I used a link in my web favorites to take me to Colarado71’s web page and when I got there a very official looking web page popped up saying my computer was infected with a virus and the only way to get rid of it was to download a windows add-on. And then another pop-up asking for my Microsoft user name and password and if I have a problem contact their technical staff at 1-844-841-8051. I tried everything to close this window and nothing worked. Finally I was able to close it by tracking it down using Task Manager. I did look up that number on the web using my phone and it’s a well know scam to get into your computer remotely to steel your info and when there finished thy scrabble your data and leave your computer useless. I would suggest you all look up the number above and read about it yourself and just remember, most people on this web site are here to be helpful. Take care, Don

Last edited:
Thanks for coming forward Don.

Hopefully this warning has saved a few people some heartache.

Here is to hoping that Colorado71 can get things sorted and his site back up and running.

Just doing our part to help keep people safe out there :)

Are you certain the virus was picked up at the site you were going to, or may it have been picked up at a previous site?

It was picked up at colorado71s site. Why would they make this up? If you all dont want to atleast acknowledge a friendly headsup to a potential virus getting onto your computer then go get your computers infected.

Might want to avoid that site, Spyhunter and the other one only remove junk after you have paid them and
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a tool that supposedly helps to detect security issues and protect the computer from viruses. ... Plumbytes Anti-Malware performs a fake scan and show results, which indicate dozens of viruses and infections detected. ...

Suggest removing the link.

Use a reputable remover such as Malwarebytes.

It was picked up at colorado71s site. Why would they make this up? If you all dont want to atleast acknowledge a friendly headsup to a potential virus getting onto your computer then go get your computers infected.

1. The description that was provided was not a virus. It was a popup that was intended to induce the user to download and install the virus or trojan.
2. It is common for malware to delay its appearance so as to disguise the original source of the infection.

A headsup can be useful, but "Please stay away until Colorado71 has fixed it" is somewhat more than a headsup, is potentially damaging to Colorado71, appears to have been based on an inaccurate assessment and may have been provided without the approval of the owner of the site.

A headsup can be useful, but "Please stay away until Colorado71 has fixed it" is somewhat more than a headsup, is potentially damaging to Colorado71, appears to have been based on an inaccurate assessment and may have been provided without the approval of the owner of the site.

1. There was no intent on damaging Colorado71 as has been intimated. If there is proof otherwise, please present it and let it be judged by the community.

2. I didn't know that I had to get someone else's permission to issue a warning for a potential threat to those in the community. I will delay my response in the future and not worry about others who might be potentially affected.

3. I will leave the warnings to the computer experts who have poured into this thread to give their expert opinions. Sleep well community, they are on the job!

As this thread has been deemed useless by the computer experts, the mods can shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back