Content Manager- Out of date content

THOMAS2000

Hi everyone
So i've downloaded a lot of stuff on Trainz and yet there are always some things thatslip through me. Where trainz has updated this makes content 'obsolete'. In theory this means that a new version is available. When i drag it into the download helper it comes up with unknown content error. I read a while back that sometimes it means you need to update your flash drive. My laptop is up date in that respect and i still have the same issue. Is there not just a way of downloading the original version?
Thanks, Simon :)

Obsolete means you already have a newer version of the asset installed.
You can delete the obsolete assets (unless they are built in).

"Obsolete" and "Out of date" are two different things. The later means a newer asset can be downloaded.

Out of date in 2010 does not really give you correct information. It sees newer versions of assets created for later versions of trainz. A lot of older content that did not work in Tane has been updated to work in the newer versions. When you highlight the out of date asset look for asset versions and you should see the version number is higher than your version.

If the issue is that the content is for a later version the only fix to download it via Content Manager is to actually have that newer version.

Shane

The content will still usually work, even if it is showing as out of date.
Cheers,
Mike
But if a route or session uses a later version of the out-of-date asset then it will show as missing in CM and the out-of-date asset will not be used by that route/session.

The asset in question is peterdw44's Devon Cornwall Lite. It used to work until i updated my Trainz build number and now comes up with Unknown Content Error- Similar to wgar happens with all of Skipper1945's content. Sometimes, if i get lucky CM will count the out of date asset but, with the case of the route in question, goes straight to downloading the dependencies contained within. I know Marky7890 is producing his route, but there is no way he is going to be able to get it onto the DLS . And even then it will probably be for TS12...

Your trainz version may be 3.3. The DLS route has a 3.5 version number. You could try and download the route via FTP and then import and open for edit to reduce the version number, or even locate an older version from the download pages rather than CM.

Afraid you can not backdate routes by changing the version number as the format is different between all versions, TS12 is different to 2010 as TANE is different to TS12. Backdating the version number only works with assets and only if they do not include a new method of doing something not supported in an old build.

What is FTP?

FTP is an acronym for File Transfer Protocol. As the name suggests, FTP is used to transfer files between computers on a network. You can use FTP to exchange files between computer accounts, transfer files between an account and a desktop computer, or access online software archives

Afraid you can not backdate routes by changing the version number as the format is different between all versions, TS12 is different to 2010 as TANE is different to TS12. Backdating the version number only works with assets and only if they do not include a new method of doing something not supported in an old build.

What is FTP?
Ah, i see, thnakyou. So say if someone still had the route on their laptop. Could they not convert it to CDP format and give it to me that way?

So say if someone still had the route on their laptop. Could they not convert it to CDP format and give it to me that way?
That would in most cases be illegal.
But even if it was legal; if the route is not available for TS2010, getting the route that way would never help you.

Maybe you should just consider getting a newer version of the game if that one specific route is so important to you, as your current version is 8 years old.

Or maybe i should just get the far superior game that has a far more realistic driving experience and routes that are actually accurate to the prototype? Hmm?

Back