Starting a Session in a Specific Loco

petersie

Hi out there. I've been using Trainz for a long time, but have never figured out how to start a Session in a specific loco when I launch Driver or Quick Drive. So with 10+ locos and drivers, all with Schedules assigned, how do I start a session in my preferred loco. Help appreciated ...

The default starting loco, the one that is in the centre of the camera view when a session starts, is the one at the top of the list in the Driver Setup rule. Unfortunately, there is no way to move a driver and loco to the top of the list without deleting all the ones above.

In the driver set up list you can change the driver status. Try changing the one you want to start with from "Autodetect" to "First Human Player".

Try changing the one you want to start with from "Autodetect" to "First Human Player".

Hmmmm. I just tried that and it made no difference. The driver/loco at the top of the list is still the one with the starting point of view.

In the driver set up list you can change the driver status. Try changing the one you want to start with from "Autodetect" to "First Human Player".

I thought, cool, I did not know that one, so I tried, but NO that was not good.

When I change Autodetect in First Human Player, save and go to play, the whole train is gone.

Changed it back, go to play, the whole was derailed.

So it does work for me.

☼¿?☼

Last edited:
I somehow have the idea (and I could be wrong) that "First Human Player" might be for Multiplayer sessions.

Hi

What about the "Set Camera" rule, kuid:-25:179 by Auran? It works with AI but as I never drive I don't know if it works when driving.

Regards

Brian

By default, the first locomotive is determined by the first one placed and is populated by the first driver, Adair as far as I can tell, however, how is that done for those driving sessions we got for built-in routes? These scripted in some fashion to grab a particular locomotive so I would check there in the session rules somewhere for startup option of some kind.

I think you are looking for " the Cinematic Camera rule"

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Creation_Guidelines

R/Tom

The very brief Trainz wiki entry on cinematic camera is ...

"Use the Cinematic Camera rule during the session introduction to help set the scene and add a dynamic atmosphere to the introduction. It can also be used to direct the players attention to one or more specific locations."

I have seen this rule used in at least one of the DLC route/sessions and it seems to move the players point-of-view around the scene to give different aspects. It does not alter the starting driver/loco for the session.

All we need is a few arrows for up and down in the drivers list to put the driver that we want on top.

Simple!

Or not....

☼¿?☼

Back