Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RBR Activities

Australia, South Australia, Christie Downs

I run RBR Classic in Tane, still get a lot of enjoyment from it.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Unless this TRS2006 which is on a new download pack sold by N3V, is muchly different from the old TRS2006... I can try to help anyone who has difficulty in TRS2006

PM me

Free Skype UN: cascaderailroad

RBR shut down ages ago. I am surprised that the entire RBR section has not been deleted!

Blog Entries

It's a good idea to keep it up so that we don't lose the info that's stored there, although it could be moved to make the JointedRail part accessible with a single click - it's not necessary to have it direct to the 3rd party partners section anymore because not many people are likely looking for the RBR part.
    Supporter of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

There is a 2012 version of RBR available on the DLS that ports to Tane with no problems.
    Though the route is old it still holds up well these days and I would say there may be more people interested than you think.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeaust View Post
    There is a 2012 version of RBR available on the DLS that ports to Tane with no problems.
    Though the route is old it still holds up well these days and I would say there may be more people interested than you think.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

I have been on Razorback for many years. Presently on Trainz 12 SP1, but there many Australian consists which I cannot download. I have tried all the Razorback layouts in TANE and each had dependecies missing and the Classic you mention comes up as a blank screen. Whose version is the 2012. one?

Andrew

To fix the blank screen Open for Edit in Explorer. You will see a number of files I think with Razorback or something similar.( memory a bit dim from medications)
    Rename each of these to mapfile, do not change the extension. submit edit and you should be ok.
    The TS12 one is by andrita <kuid:90608:100006>
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by mikeaust; June 12th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.

Default Razorback on TANE

To fix the blank screen Open for Edit in Explorer. You will see a number of files I think with Razorback or something similar.( memory a bit dim from medications)
    Rename each of these to mapfile, do not change the extension. submit edit and you should be ok.
    The TS12 one is by andrita <kuid:90608:100006>
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

Thiought you might be interested in my progress with Razorback on TANE. I started with Razorback New There were missing dependencies but it works on TANE. I kept my copy ot Razorbaclk which I had migrated to TS12, compared the two and found there were missing content at Port Hunter, Hunter, Columbia and Patterson. I searched Trainz Content and managed to find missing stations, the Container Station for Port Hunter and Patterson. Best of all after a long search I found the original Shipping Termial for Port Hunter complete with the oil terminal.

By and large I have Razorback working almost as well as it did in the very early versions of Trainz but now there is virtually no consist I can't download, the only problem is with several tracks through Hunter platforms which are out of alignment and I am still learning how to handle track splines. Despite this I am now running the Spirit of Progress, The Overland, Silver City Comet, and many of the old Victorian consists featuring Heavy Harry, the R Class and just abouit all the VR and V/Line diesels from A through to X, the V/Line Vlocity in both colour schemes and a Sydney Trains H set on the electrified line from Hunter to Columbia. The crowning glory has been finding the SCT Logistics set including the impressive loco's, crew car, distinctive container wagon and fuel carriage. These featured in the current Trains of Australia Calendar.

All in all Razorback is still the best layout to ever appear on Trainz and I am having a great deal of fun running time tables and adding additional bits and pieces.

If you would like to see the results of my efforts I would be happy to put them on an USB and post it to you.

Regards, Andrew

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I too imported the Razorback route into T:ANE as well. I only had one missing asset - the dairy company logo, which I had to repair anyway when I brought in. Outside of that, everything was already there because I have nearly every asset I ever installed still installed in Trainz.

This was one of my favorite routes way back in the earlier Trainz days when I started in TRS2004. The route is long enough to run nice long trains and space enough to run them at a fairly high speed.

It's great when we can get the classics such as this route updated and loaded up into the latest version of Trainz with little or no problems outside of some of the assets being just old like the track and the roads. I've cloned the route and replaced the track with one of the procedural ones and now I need to replace/update the roads with something different.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 88348

What consists are you running John, Australiana?

I converted most of the mainlines to dual track, so I can run a number of trains at the same time.
    On my present layout I run 7 trains at the same time on the Lewisham Branch.
    I have added a lot of later industry assets to the layout as well. I also changed the track to LRW protrack.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by andymac107 View Post
    What consists are you running John, Australiana?
    At the time it was anything and everything. Today it's as you put it Australiana, steam diesel, and electric. I use the diesels and electrics for regular operations and run the steam on excursions.
    John

I converted most of the mainlines to dual track, so I can run a number of trains at the same time.
    On my present layout I run 7 trains at the same time on the Lewisham Branch.
    I have added a lot of later industry assets to the layout as well. I also changed the track to LRW protrack.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    That's a great idea on the double track. I too switched to the LRW track, which I use on my other routes. It renders well and overall looks good.
    John

I just finished duplicating the Lewisham branch, including all the bridges. Makes life so much easier for the AI drivers.
    Also added Silos and Feedlots at most of the stops and upgraded the stations.
    I am running SAR Alcos and rollingstock
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by mikeaust; September 16th, 2017 at 11:13 AM.