Southern California's Cajon Subdivision

-Another question. Why can't I delete built-in consists? I think it's dumb I cant get rid these built-in consists. It clutters up the list of consists I want there.

-Joe

Hi, Joe
I, also dislike the built in consists as they are not the era that I Trainz in.
I have just DISABLEd them in Manage Content section of TANE and they no longer appear in CONSISTS.
Hope this helps and looking forward to Cajon.
Claude

-Also, how do you or what option is it to turn off the blur when your up close to any object? For example, if I'm about to couple some locos to a consist, if I'm too close it's all blurred out.

-Joe

-Also, how do you or what option is it to turn off the blur when your up close to any object? For example, if I'm about to couple some locos to a consist, if I'm too close it's all blurred out.

-Joe
Hi Joe,
In TANE the blurring effect is thanks to the useage of post processing. You can manually edit this, but for best results, you can turn it to off for your scenario. Now do note, that this will of take out some of the graphical enhancements you can achieve by using post processing in tune with the environment settings from inside TANE. But if your not looking for anything graphically impressive, then I would highly recommend turning it off.

-Thanks for your replies guys. Looking forward to SP2. In the mean time here are a few screenshots. Was just doing a little test.

-Joe

-I never turn shadows on and I should but I think the shots still look good enough to post for wip pics. Barstow yard:

-Joe

-Had something good going for Yermo yard till this happened...

-Now its back to this...

-I sometimes wonder about Trainz. All I did was push ctrl+s to go save my progress and poof, just crashes! What for??? Why? Why do you waste my time N3V? Thinking about purchasing Run8 till N3V cant sort things out. I'm so sick of crashes and it happens way to often and it kills me inside and makes ask, why do I even bother. If SP2 doesn't deliver I may be gone for good. I'm tired of hours of work going down the drain. I'm so frustrated.

-Joe

Is there a dropdown tab that say's: "Save", or "Save As" ...if so I would suggest using those tabs to click on to Save, and not use KB Shortcuts

Sometimes I work for 4 hours, and all of a sudden I remember that I could lose all my hours of work, and I then save my work ... remember: "Jesus SAVES ... But HE will absolutely NEVER, EVER, save your work" !

I also use TRS2006 to lay trackwork, and test it out in TS12 ... But I will always use TRS2006 to lay track

Last edited:
Any crashes with Trainz thats brain blast and frustrating.
But i'm recommended time by time doing content checking (faulty assets etc) and HDD service with files fragmentation.
p.s.
When you click "Save" wait till game make that completely.

How it crashes on this hardware, man?
-You got me. It really makes me wonder. And it's quite frequent. I don't have auto save on cause that crashes the game once and awhile as well. It will just hang during a save, and if you try to close it windows will ask you if you want to wait for this program to respond, etc. etc.
Any crashes with Trainz thats brain blast and frustrating.
But i'm recommended time by time doing content checking (faulty assets etc) and HDD service with files fragmentation.
p.s.
When you click "Save" wait till game make that completely.
-I always check all this stuff. I have no faulty assets. I fixed what I could and deleted the rest. I only have routes that have missing dependencies. I do disk checks and defragments at least once a week depending on how much file movement I'm doing. Trainz is on a dedicated HDD with give or take 400gbs left. Plenty of free space. After every crash I do a database repair and go on from there.

-I wonder if there is anywhere to look to see why these crashes are happening. The logs?

-Joe

That's happen to me a few times. I started saving my work every 5 minutes for I wouldn't lose anything.
-Ya with a route my size, I'd never get anything done. Takes a few just to save it. When I did have auto save on for every hour, I'd just go outside and have a smoke instead of waiting.

-Joe

-I wonder if there is anywhere to look to see why these crashes are happening. The logs?
Yep, i'm think some information about crashes must be there. Because it could be hardware problems too.

Back