Southern California's Cajon Subdivision

-Been a while for an update. Just accomplished something big, for me, last week. I now have 100% of all track I want laid down, graded and signaled. Been getting quite a bit done in the last month or so. I got promoted at job, which which means more work, which obviously means more money but also more time spent at work as well but, work on Cajon overall is still slow going but still making progress which is what counts.

-In the pic above, just like in my first post, I now added a new section, more of UP's Yuma Sub, SP's sunset route, Colton to Banning (Beaumont Hill). Roughly 32 miles, end's just east of Banning CA. Hope to get some w.i.p. pics up soon.

-Joe

Look forward to your route Joe, looks great.
Just watched some youtube videos at the weekend of cab rides from Hobart yards to Barstow. He has the camera fitted to the front of the loco. gives great closeup views of tracks and surroundings. The poster is W.Railways.
Cheers,
Mike

Look forward to your route Joe, looks great.
Just watched some youtube videos at the weekend of cab rides from Hobart yards to Barstow. He has the camera fitted to the front of the loco. gives great closeup views of tracks and surroundings. The poster is W.Railways.
Cheers,
Mike
-Yep, I have bought a bunch of Pentrex dvd's including their At The Throttle Cab Ride videos. Good resources to help out with building the route.

-Joe

This route looks amazing!

Are you using the Trainz TransDEM to do this or just the regular one? I am going to get TransDEM but if I can't use it in Trainz, there is probably no point. Also, how hard is it to generate a route using TransDEM? One more thing, is there a ruler in it? I am pretty sure there is but I just want to make sure.

This route looks amazing!

Are you using the Trainz TransDEM to do this or just the regular one? I am going to get TransDEM but if I can't use it in Trainz, there is probably no point. Also, how hard is it to generate a route using TransDEM? One more thing, is there a ruler in it? I am pretty sure there is but I just want to make sure.
-Yes I used Transdem to create the route(s). It is a steep learning curve but it's work it if you want to create a prototypical route. I don't remember a ruler in it, don't think you really need one.
-You can find most the info you need here on Transdem:
http://www.rolandziegler.de/StreckeUndLandschaft/startseiteTransDEMEngl.htm

-Joe

:wave: Thanks for the Route Picture, it looks really good, and the tracks you created are great bonus..:cool:.......Keep up the good work

And one more thing,

I went to Laughlin Nev and on the way back last Weds I couldn't help but notice BNSF was pushing consists like crazy both ways on the Cajon, :udrool: was amazing to see a bunch of trains crisscrossing in the Desert. And it wasn't all inter-model either, they had a lot of Junk Trains pushing up the hill too......Good to see action like that on the Main!

The Rail Roads are quite capable of moving a lot of Product around, between them and the Truckers it's what keeps us going and them there's Merchant Marines on the Sea.........

-It's been a while. Thought I'd try to get back into Trainz, but it just keeps reminding me, why??? I've been seeing pics of an Updated Cajon and it made me miss mine so I go to open it, go flying around my unfinished route and came across this. Big holes in the ground, for no reason. I haven't opened Trainz for months and I know it wasn't like this when I left. Just random holes, which will be nearly impossible to fix. Whatever Trainz! Half the reason I left to begin with.

-Joe

Last edited:
-It's been a while. Thought I'd try to get back into Trainz, but it just keeps reminding me, why??? ......go flying around my unfinished route...... I haven't opened Trainz for months and I know it wasn't like this when I left..... Whatever Trainz! Half the reason I left to begin with.
-Joe

Those words seem to be the new normal here these days. Feel’s like it’s drying up around here, with certain members not active as they used to be and new content slowly trickling out every now and then. Not what it used to be IMO. I’m surprised Trainz came this far considering other games, hobbies, and life experiences it has to compete with. I haven’t posted a screenshot this year yet, but my life experience as mentioned has been a little less Trainzy. I still lurk around for something interesting here, but I’m not disappointed with the same ol... It is what it is. Your contribution is still a big part of the Trainz “experience”(that word again). Go on and enjoy life. I’m with you on that.:wave:

Last edited:
Those words seem to be the new normal here these days. Feel’s like it’s drying up around here, with certain members not active as they used to be and new content slowly trickling out every now and then. Not what it used to be IMO. I’m surprised Trainz came this far considering other games, hobbies, and life experiences it has to compete with. I haven’t posted a screenshot this year yet, but my life experience as mentioned has been a little less Trainzy. I still lurk around for something interesting here, but I’m not disappointed with the same ol... It is what it is. Your contribution is still a big part of the Trainz “experience”(that word again). Go on and enjoy life. I’m with you on that.:wave:
-Same here. Life has been busy especially since taking my new position at my job. But I do still view the forums, catch up on the threads I watch but just don't have the time to create. I'm just over the issues with Trainz. All I've ever wanted was to work on my version of the Cajon Sub and have it come to life in this sim. Trainz just makes it hard to do that. I build a computer just for Trainz and it's still not enough. When Trainz works, it works, but when it fails, it takes me away for good periods of time.
-I've been considering putting everything I have created, finished or not, at my site, max files, psd's etc. so the content I've created keeps living on or is built upon... and I appreciate what you said about my contribution. But just haven't decided on anything. Anyways, enough of me rambling on.

-Joe

-It's been a while. Thought I'd try to get back into Trainz, but it just keeps reminding me, why??? I've been seeing pics of an Updated Cajon and it made me miss mine so I go to open it, go flying around my unfinished route and came across this. Big holes in the ground, for no reason. I haven't opened Trainz for months and I know it wasn't like this when I left. Just random holes, which will be nearly impossible to fix. Whatever Trainz! Half the reason I left to begin with.

-Joe

When you opened the route did it give you the options to "Use Changes" and "Revert Changes"?

Usually when the hole in the earth problem occurs for me, it was after I selected "Use Changes", but then I just exit Surveyor without saving and open it again under "Revert Changes" and the problem alleviates itself.

-C

You’re still in demand, Joe. I would pay you to finish and release those 40ft well cars:D
-Well I'm trying to get back into Trainz. Having some performance issues after a half hour or so of game play. Framerates just drop off and turns into a slide show. At least I fixed those big gaping holes in my route! Going to be building a whole new computer here soon as well and with SP3 here around the corner, hopefully I'll see some improvement. I'd like to finish those well cars, I've just been gone for so long and will have to re-learn some stuff.

-Joe

Will be looking forward to that. ATSF 3751 is all over SoCalTrains. She was leading the Super Chief on occasion on the point of the Cajon Pass.

Back