Best American Model RR layouts

Trainz_12_fan_100

yes thats my name
Can someone please tell me where I can find a decent model RR that is American, has a good size, and is detailed, but not to the point of lag.

A real prototype ... or a fictional route ?

When I first started, I downloaded GFishers: "Down East Fishing Village" (the many reeds will cause lag), and "The Loops" on the DLS , and all the USLW routes like: "Reading & Northern", "Reading Line v2.0", and "Central Pennsylvania Lumber Company", and on TrainzProRoutes: "Tehachapi" and "Sandpatch"

I recommend Philskene's work. You can look him up on the DLS and see if his routes are what you're looking for.

A real prototype ... or a fictional route ?

When I first started, I downloaded GFishers: "Down East Fishing Village" (the many reeds will cause lag), and "The Loops" on the DLS , and all the USLW routes like: "Reading & Northern", "Reading Line v2.0", and "Central Pennsylvania Lumber Company", and on TrainzProRoutes: "Tehachapi" and "Sandpatch"

Ahh! Those awful reeds can do a lot of damage as we've all found out. Whenever I encounter those critters now, I replace them with dried grass or the newer reeds from RMM, which I can't remember the name of. It beats driving along then suddenly encountering a slideshow.

I see that my name has been mentioned in one of the post above.

Perhaps consider this one:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?137054-New-model-railroad-layout-Krashnburne

Against your criteria:

a decent model RR
Most likely.

that is American
Yes, certainly.

has a good size
It's only two baseboards but it does have a reasonable track length.

and is detailed
Probably, and once you get going the detail is certainly more than adequate.

but not to the point of lag
Well, that will depend on your PC but, in general, all my layouts produce very reasonable frame rates (see the video for example).

Tell me if it's what you are looking for.

Phil

Thank you for the reply Phil. But yes everything is up to requirements on what I am looking for. But, the reason I do not use your routes is because I want a decent route that has little industrial areas. I want a route that is about 4 baseboards. But in reply to fictional or realistic, I do not really care. Send me a dm if you know a good route.

EDIT: The reason why I am looking for these is because of a series I will be started on my new channel. My signature will be updated with the link to my channel. Also, Phil I will review some of your routes. They do look good on youtube.

Last edited:
Back