Just to say hello from an old timer

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I haven't been around in awhile and I'm sure that most don't remember me, but just wanted to pop in and say hello to all of my ole buds. Hope that all is going well with everyone.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm glad to see you've come by. Help yourself to a beer. I've got some cold ones in the fridge.

:)

John

Thanks John. Good to see some familiar faces.
Hey Leefer hows it going, I still enjoy using your models, sadly I did not have time to order more of them before your site went down. Still miss seeing you around, glad your still alive and well.

Hi Mike --

Good to see you around, sir ...
As I recall, you left trainz for personnel reasons, which you shared with us all at the time --- Hope you and family are all find and good spirits these days!

Take Care
Ish

I'm doing good guys. Been busy with a lot of different hobbies. I'm seriously thinking about building me a Live Steam Pacific. Doing a lot of research and looking into purchasing a combination metal lathe and mill and also building what I need to do some castings for some of the parts needed. Probably looking at a 5 year project though.

I haven't been doing any content creation since I closed my site down, but considering putting the remainder of my stuff up on the DLS that isn't there already, but I'm not even sure that I still have it all as I had a hardware crash and it seems that I've lost a lot of it that wasn't saved. I thought I had it all saved, but haven't been able to find it all yet. I'll consider putting up what I can find that isn't there already, but some of you know why I haven't put it up there before. Old history.

I have some of your stuff that I purchased on your old website, do you want me and maybe others to send your old stuff back to you to help out?

Last edited:
I'll let you know. I think I can find all of the cdp's, but I seem to have lost all of my original meshes and textures which really has me upset with myself.

Good to see your back , and building live steam will keep you busy for some time ! What scale ?
Please sneak in some progress pics as you construct , will be most interesting to alot of us !
My thoughts -DLR

Welcome back, Mike. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Don't let the gimme pigs get to you.

Matt

Good to see you again, Leefer. I hope this is a "back", so welcome back.

Don't let the gimme pigs get to you.
I cleaned and removed it.

For the next person who is considering jumping this topic without any social skills and only asking Leefer for content:
Read his posts first, develop some patience (and respect) and not make your begging post. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm still around (although not sure whether you remember me as well) - it's always good to see members returning if they've had some time off from Trainz though.

Shane

To all of you that said that I might not remember you, I remember you all very well and fondly. I pop in occasionally just to see what's going on. Maybe I'll get back into the creation mode at some point, but my interest is in 1.5 inch scale (7 1/2" gauge) live steam. Doing a lot of research to build me a live steamer, but I've got a long way to go and a metal lathe/mill to purchase. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and miss the forums, but things were getting so toxic around here that I just needed to take a break.

Yes, I remember you. As a matter of fact I'm still running some of your routes. Ashland Central is one of my favorites.

I cleaned and removed it.

For the next person who is considering jumping this topic without any social skills and only asking Leefer for content:
Read his posts first, develop some patience (and respect) and not make your begging post. Thank you.

Such a shame that this needed to be said, and this action needed to be taken, at all, but especially for such a well respected and generous member of this community. (even if he does not come as much lately, he is STILL a member and always will be...)
I have read a lot of your posts Mike, though we haven't actually communicated to each other, I have learnt a lot from the discussions that you used to be engaged in.
Welcome back and enjoy your time... however you choose to spend it.
Kind Regards,
Paul.

Back