Becoming A pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got his original youtube channel terminated, then he made two more channels,
he got banned from Youtube and the forums, but he still thinks he can continue with his behaviour, this is definitely VERY unacceptable now.

He is literally a Virus in the Trainz community, spreading disease around and can't be stopped.

Last edited:
Written with the best intentions:

Please stop posting advertising for him.
Maybe you are not aware of it, but by posting the names of what he is posting elsewhere, you are making it easier for people to find his illegal content (as they now know the website and the search terms). So you are indirectly helping it being spread.

Instead, report it to the website(s ) he is hosting the illegal content so something can be done about it.

Hey guys,
I know how annoyed you are with Bill. If I were you, though, I'd say calmly to him if I could, "Look, please stop. You're making others feel very angry now."

Posting about these people gives them instant fame and success, that they have achieved and annoyed you ... some people thrive on the glory of sabotage

And of course in the meantime N3V carry on doing nothing to protect the work others trust them with by uploading to the DLS (while at the same time locking down payware DLC so you can't even move a piece of grass...).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
I know how annoyed you are with Bill. If I were you, though, I'd say calmly to him if I could, "Look, please stop. You're making others feel very angry now."

I sent him a message way back when he had his original youtube account, and he never replied, so asking him to stop won't work. :confused:

Last edited:
Freeware, or payware ? Redistribution ? ... He needs the FBI to visit his house ... He absolutely will not stop, ever ! (Like the Terminator) Posting hundreds of videos, impersonating to be a real person from K&L Trainz

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
Hope you cascade or anyone believes I have anything to do with this, as any forum member looking at my postings would know I am not clever or intelligent enough to carry out anything like that.

So, please do not send the FBI around to the house :hehe:
Bill........But not that Bill

Last edited:
And of course in the meantime N3V carry on doing nothing to protect the work others trust them with by uploading to the DLS (while at the same time locking down payware DLC so you can't even move a piece of grass...).
So the fact that the content was removed within a few hours of being reported (and most was non DLS content to begin with) means we're doing nothing to protect them, and after issuing a direct warning for the first offence relating to the DLS and then receiving reports of subsequent uploads, the user was permanently banned.

I seriously don't know how you expect the DLS to prevent illegal uploads via automatic checks, as it would be looking for similarities with other objects (and ANY change will result in it passing, an enterprising individual could do this to every file so it passes).

Or would you be happy to pay someone an hourly rate to check EVERY upload, against EVERY asset in existence for Trainz (and pay for ALL payware content so that person doing the checking can check against all payware content). Remember thing would have to include checking every texture for another texture, and then contact the original creator to check that the upload was done with permission. This would be a full time job checking this. So lets say $1500AU per week minimum (it would need to be 7 days, otherwise the DLS won't process anything on weekends, so that actually means two people), just to try to check for pirated content that occurs once every now and again.

Or we can follow the lead of most other file sharing sites, and require that illegal uploads be reported by the original creator or copyright owner... Even youtube refuses copyright infringement reports from 3rd parties.

As the DLS is a free, and relatively open, resource we are hesitant about implement the 'locks' implemented on DLC packs (which are commercial items). If enough creators requested this lock (remembering this would mean that there would be uneditable content on the DLS...), it might be able to be implemented. However it would likely require a lot of work to make the DLC capable of handling this, and Trainz being able to install them outside of the DLC system. It would not be backwards compatible (so creators making content for TS12, or even current releases of TANE, would not have access to this). At this time, if a creator wants to restrict their content in this way, then at the DLC system is an option to them.

It is unlikely that we would provide locks such as this for 3rd party website distribution, as the 'commit' lock and encrypted .texture files would prevent the content from being installed from cdp files in CM (this is why the DLC system uses the in-game 'asset download' tool).

As it stands, this user was using an out of date Trainz version to upload content for that version to the DLS. Any secure options added into newer releases would have no impact on users such as this, where the content is for previous releases. Again, within a few hours of being reported the content was removed from the DLS. In most cases (especially when there's only one report, and the user hasn't been reported before) we will attempt to contact the uploader, asking them to provide proof that hey had permission to upload, allowing 24 hours for them to provide this. If no reply from them with proof is received in 24 hours, then the asset(s) will be removed from the DLS. We inform the creator that has reported it that we will be investigating the upload and will get back to them in 24 hours. My experience with most other websites is that it takes 4-5 days minimum for reports to even be responded to, let alone looked at by them. And you need to provide VERY specific proof that you are the owner of the copyright; and where your name is being used you need to provide proof of your trademark and ownership of the name...

Regards

On a another video he said the he got a pennsy k4 from malboro. he did not it was his stupid little reskin. in reality everyones very furious and outraged at him for god knows how long.

Last edited:
Or would you be happy to pay someone an hourly rate to check EVERY upload, against EVERY asset in existence for Trainz (and pay for ALL payware content so that person doing the checking can check against all payware content). Remember thing would have to include checking every texture for another texture, and then contact the original creator to check that the upload was done with permission. This would be a full time job checking this. So lets say $1500AU per week minimum (it would need to be 7 days, otherwise the DLS won't process anything on weekends, so that actually means two people), just to try to check for pirated content that occurs once every now and again.
Regards
I'll volunteer for the cost of Yeungling, pretzels, and peanuts ... @ $30 per week :cool:

The laziness of these copiers is really annoying. Honestly, I can't say much because I've never built up enough courage to make an engine in Blender or Sketchup before, even though I have both programs. I personally think there should be some way to make the engine or object unique to the owner and have some sort of copyright or patent to protect it from lazy fazz people. Unless I'm wrong and something like that is in place?

It would only work on the DLS, locking assets like Dave Campbell did with several of his WOT locos

The only other way is to use DRM to lock assets

Or a permanent, or hidden watermark, or like Ocemy did put a Superman Easter Egg inside his loco

Last edited:
snip

As the DLS is a free, and relatively open, resource we are hesitant about implement the 'locks' implemented on DLC packs (which are commercial items). If enough creators requested this lock (remembering this would mean that there would be uneditable content on the DLS...), it might be able to be implemented. However it would likely require a lot of work to make the DLC capable of handling this, and Trainz being able to install them outside of the DLC system. It would not be backwards compatible (so creators making content for TS12, or even current releases of TANE, would not have access to this). At this time, if a creator wants to restrict their content in this way, then at the DLC system is an option to them.

It is unlikely that we would provide locks such as this for 3rd party website distribution, as the 'commit' lock and encrypted .texture files would prevent the content from being installed from cdp files in CM (this is why the DLC system uses the in-game 'asset download' tool).

snip

Regards

I think you actually are taking his comment completely backwards of it's intent. I may be wrong, but I think the complaint is that in TANE, ALL "Built-in" Routes are "locked", and many of the assets are labeled as Payware or otherwise "protected".

I can say with confidence, this is my biggest complaint and regret with purchasing TANE. Sure, TANE actually works without crashing, even when looked at cross-eyed (as it should, by the way...work without crashing for absolutely no reason like TS12 sp+hf4), but no built-in routes can be customized, added to, or cut back...
..the ease of customization is what set Trainz apart from the other sims with better looks, or better physics...Trainz had user friendly editors, and the ability to make the content you bought and paid for, just how you wanted it...

Not anymore. This is not the Trainz that most of us chose over MSTS or Rail Simulator. Fewer tools, and Locked content pretty much killed any chance of sticking with this franchise past the current version. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, (shame on me) ...can't get fooled again." -President G.W. Bush

I think you actually are taking his comment completely backwards of it's intent. I may be wrong, but I think the complaint is that in TANE, ALL "Built-in" Routes are "locked", and many of the assets are labeled as Payware or otherwise "protected".

That is not how I read the original post that Zec replied to (and I may also be wrong). To quote the post that Zec replied to (in full) ...

Vern was (in my opinion) using the protection given to the assets on the DLC as an example of the opposite to what he believes is the protection given to users works on the DLS (none he claims). I did not read this as a criticism of the protection system used on the DLC that prevents you from modifying any of the assets it provides.

This is not the Trainz that most of us chose over MSTS or Rail Simulator. Fewer tools, and Locked content pretty much killed any chance of sticking with this franchise past the current version.

The Trainz that I chose over MSTS was (and still is) much easier to use. The DLS was in its infancy back then and the DLC did not exist. The presence of "locked content" on the DLC does not alter the fact that free unlocked content, and plenty of it, is still available on the DLS.

If content creators want to protect their intellectual property by preventing anyone else from modifying their work then they are perfectly entitled to do so and the DLC provides that option as well as the ability to earn some financial return for their efforts. Whenever you purchase software (and you are actually only paying for the right to use the software) the fine print usually prohibits you from reverse engineering or modifying the software in any way. The DLC is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back