Becoming A pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it... I'm done ... i will NEVER release any thing to the DLS or elsewhere ... all projects are pulled and will never be released because of Billvu and other ingrates who are plagiarizing Trainz

Presumably, you will also never drive on the roads because there are a few drunk drivers. People like Billvu will always be with us but are you going to let them dictate your life for you?

You make it sound like there is a major outbreak of plagiarization on the DLS when, in reality, it is just a very small number of individuals. The Trainz community has proven to be very alert to this problem and N3V, despite the reactions of some, has a very clear and fair policy of dealing with it - a policy that they stick to.

Once again we need to throw this back at N3V (and not just Zec) and politely request they move forward with some method of watermarking content that will protect it being re-uploaded to the DLS under another user's KUID.

I personally would not stop building routes etc. in TANE simply because at the moment it is the best place to indulge my little hobby*. But the concerns remain and it is time N3V had a long hard think about this and come up with an action plan which enables people to protect their work rather than the reactive (and labour intensive) take-down procedure.

* That may change when DTG launch their editor suite for Train Sim World.

That's it... I'm done ... i will NEVER release any thing to the DLS, or elsewhere ... all my projects are pulled, and will never be released, because of Billvu (who is impersonating Steve Lerro) ... and other thieves, other copyists, who are plagiarizing Trainz, stealing other peoples assets, and redistributing them without permission
Sad to see you go.

Sad to see you go.

I think he's joking. :)

His only released stuff is for Build 1.5.

<kuid:375722:1062> PRR-TGV 2006-A
<kuid:375722:1063> PRR-TGV 2006-B
<kuid:375722:1064> PRR-TGV 2006-1
<kuid:375722:1065> PRR-TGV 2006-2
<kuid:375722:1066> PRR-TGV 2006-3
<kuid2:375722:1216:1> PRR-TGV 2006-A Frieght
<kuid:375722:1338> TGV-California High Speed Rail-2006-A Lead Unit
<kuid:375722:1341> TGV-California High Speed Rail-Unit 3
<kuid:375722:1342> TGV-California High Speed Rail-Unit 1
<kuid:375722:1343> TGV-California High Speed Rail-Unit 2
<kuid:375722:1349> TGV-California High Speed Rail-2006-B Lead Unit

Last edited:
I uploaded those TGV paintshed re-skins just before TRS2006 was unsupported, it is OK if someone can re-skin or enhance them if they wanted to

I just find it very disheartening that as soon as a creator releases an asset, dozens of people jump on the bandwagon and immediately want to reskin hundreds of the assets, or beg for more free content ... even worse when someone reskins freeware without even asking, and uploads it to the DLS or a 3rd party site ... Even worse when someone steals payware and redistributes it without authorization ... and impersonates someone respected like Steve Lerro

It is enough to make someone quit Trainz

Take a deep breath, hold and slowly release. Repeat until you feel the Zen.

It's a hobby. Sure, when your donations are abused, it doesn't feel good but but who is going to be affected by getting upset. The perpetrator doesn't care. Warn others to be aware and avoid those people and their wares.

question has anyone noticed that most of leeferrs payware content is on the dls, i think bill must have hacked it and released the models

If you check the forums you will see that Leeferr has been releasing his old assets for all of us.
Cheers,
Mike

question has anyone noticed that most of leeferrs payware content is on the dls, i think bill must have hacked it and released the models

Leeferr did upload a lot of his models recently but I don't know if any were originally payware. AFAIK, none of these are illegal copies.

Although BillVu had made a fake product k&L trainz Daylight 1940 and 50 and Freedom Train livery and Pennsy k4s As MANY said its good when their made terribly the real stevelerro and others are telling him to stop for many months it was well and advanced that hes banned BUT Still more illegally made reskins we have been telling him for about months now.Becuase he made a j class into a gs-4 He could've got the mrtrain one or gs4449 ones or jointed rail. For his K4 Is the samething he should've got the k4 from k&l trainz.I Dont really reskin since i ending up failing from errors Although hes done it from his other J Class reskins Including his Thomas Characters WHICH Are Connor And Caitlin were made with out face like in thomas.But he had done others like the Royal Blue And GTW U4B And His NYC Hudson Like the 20th Century limited and others like the daylight.He also done the Reading T1 Which is clickbait like steve said on the lionel commondore vanderbuilt and used his thumbnail and other of his mediafires like the E6 And its some type giveaway steve said on the lionel commondore vanderbuilt video like all the update and fake k&l trainz stuff

There's some turd by the handle "gramma" uploading other people's content again. Far from the first time too, he's already got over 200 illegal uploads to his name.

Amtrak F40PH Phase II,<kuid:542976:100811>
Lockheed C-5A Galaxy USAF 700451,<kuid:542976:100847>
N&W Class J 600 TS12,<kuid:542976:100805>

He has been reported before and his "work" has been removed before.

The content in question has been removed from the Download Station. We have also contacted the user in question to explain why the content was removed, and that they require permission to release modified content. Based on the information in their account, and a reply from their family, it appears that this is a young user who did not realise he was doing the wrong thing.

Take the Lockheed C5A Galaxy, original by Vulcan. He (Gramma) has (apparently) reskinned it and has added to the description "Reskinned with permission by Vulcan". he has also added additional content (unit badges) to the thumbnail. Now the difficulty here is in answering the question "has he obtained permission this time or has he returned to his old habits with a bit more savvy about making his work appear to be different?" I suspect that only Vulcan can answer that for this particular asset? Vulcan's last upload to the DLS was just over a month ago - I will PM him with a "heads up".

Despite Gamma's recent track record (pardon the pun) we still have to go through the proper and time consuming process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back