Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Becoming A pain

Blog Entries

But lets got on billvu and gramma

Blog Entries

People like Gramma and Billvu are always going to be with us - they are part of the price we have to pay if we want an open community who contribute their works freely.

Some of these people will be "newbies" who have been caught up in the enthusiasm of creating something, even if it is just a reskin (and that is not always a simple process), and end up unintentionally doing the wrong thing. The worst thing we can do to them is to impose long bans when we need new creators coming into our community. Many (most?) of our current creators started out by doing simple reskins of other peoples work. I suspect that Gramma is at this end of the scale.

At the other end are the real pains - like Billvu. They seem to know exactly what they are doing and have no respect for the work of others. As has been discussed in many other threads dealing with this issue, legal action is not a possibility. The often slow, far too slow for some, but consistent and fair steps outlined in the N3V policy of copyright infringement is the only action we can take. People watching and reporting can result in effective action - even on Youtube as happened to Billvu's "pirated Trainz" video channel.

Reading through other threads on this issue will give you lots of possible technical remedies, all will have their disadvantages. Personally, I think that for the size of our community we have a very small number of copyright abusers. Far too few to be introducing complicated protection measures.
    TRS19 Plus build 111951 and build 113142

Blog Entries

Ok, guys, it's been outlined by the two creators that they are ok with these uploads by 'gramma'. In addition, it appears that the licenses of those assets permitted these uploads.

Again, unless you are the creator, it is not your place to decide if an asset has been uploaded. If you believe one has been uploaded without permission, then please contact the creator to allow them to report it.

As this thread is now being used to attack at least one innocent user, I have locked this thread.

As an addition, so far I've found that other websites require a lot more leg work on the creators part to have files taken down. Personal experience, with illegal uploads of my own content, has shown that at least one 'train sim' dedicated website has not responded to a removal request, and one general file hosting site requires a lot of information to request the file be taken down (which I'm still attempting to put together).

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.