T:ane, When well MP ever work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON49PLM

4597759e25b04c78609bd90c139e770a.jpg

This is what I always get.

Its really hit or miss. I've had sessions say I have faulty or modified content, but in fact I dont. I've seen that message countless times too.

I don't understand that facepalm here... Does regular user needs 'tips, tricks, fixes and whatnot' to use feature of program ? If feature is implemented/completed correctly, and is said to be working well enough to bring it to customer, then all these things should not be necessary. Every information user needs should be contained within program or manual.
Looks like 'ghost sessions', being unable, servers being down or things like that are quite common. That's good people bring up multiplayer issues, this game has tons of potential with multiplayer.

I can understand your frustration and your point, IF this is your first simulator you've ever played. But coming from the subsim community, broken games are not news.

Simulators are made with minimal budgets, very small staff, and technology they can afford. Usually they're full of bugs and have database problems. In the case of Silent Hunter 2,4, and 5, they didn't even work out of the box. You had to go to a 3rd party website and download a patch made by supporters of the simulator.

Oh yeah, did I mention Silent Hunter was made by Ubisoft? Did I also mention that Ubisoft completely abandoned their product and it would have flunked if not for the community? This development team is completely reverse, heck people know them on a first name basis here, as evidenced by OP's postings. So you'll excuse me if I seem slightly unsympathetic about your technical problems.

I'm not asking you or the OP to ingratiate yourselves to the Trainz devs, creators, or community. Just follow the path others have left for you, rather than screaming at a wall. Almost every problem I've ever had with this game I was able to find information and solutions to on this forum. Other people have come before you, encountered these problems, resolved them, and started either hosting their own sessions or joining others who are. You yourself are one of these people, I've seen you in Multiplayer!

So please no more "game doesn't work, game doesn't say this or that" stuff.

Locked on request of the thread starter.

For future reference:
Please use the report post function. That way you are sure we moderators get made aware of it; moderators do not read all topics / posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back