Fall Harvest - Nebraska!!

Hi All --

Aside, N3V promo video, has anyone done a video of the layout. I'm wondering!?

Thanks
Ish

It is a great route, BUT!!
I ran the Midnight Rescue session today and there is a missing switch lever at Maxwell X-Over East3.
How can this be fixed when you can't access the route????????? That's the great DRM for you.
Wont be getting anymore routes from Sim Central, that's for sure.
Cheers,
Mike
I have been made aware of the missing switch at Maxwell (dammit, hundreds of hours of Beta Tests) PM me with your email address and I will send you a fix.
Regards
Bob

Just got the route today and I'm surprised that no one has commented on the use of CEMENT HOPPERS instead of
GRAIN HOPPERS, Sheeesh !

As far as I'm concerned the route is useless with those Trainz 2004 signals (the signal says "Left Diverge" but the train merrily goes straight ahead), and the inability to change the signals, is beyond comprehension !!
At least you can change the routes that JR makes.

Mumble, mumble

Dave

I have been made aware of the missing switch at Maxwell (dammit, hundreds of hours of Beta Tests) PM me with your email address and I will send you a fix.
Regards
Bob

I have just looked at the route again and there are 2 switch machines missing at this location, Maxwell X-Over East 4 and Maxwell X-Over East 8. As for missing these during testing, I drove this session, "Steam Heritage Trip" which is the only session using this part of the route, but did not notice a problem as the train carried through without being affected. The signal before this crossover only showed yellow and the next visible signal showed green. However, looking at the route in Surveyor, the area is covered in a mass of invisible signals which cannot be seen from the cab and I drive only according to visible signals as a real driver does. In a set of crossovers such as these there is no need for all of the invisible signals as the visible ones will control quite effectively. It is also a pity that the other incorrect signals were not replaced before release.

With regard to the "East Maxwell" crossovers. Google Earth in 2014 does NOT show any crossovers that close to Maxwell.
The nearest ones East of Maxwell are about 5.5 miles East.
I also find that both the crossovers shown in TANE do NOT exist as shown. The Tane version uses a triple direction junction, something the real UP would never use on a high speed railroad.

Hi! I just purchased this route and started on a quick drive from the west end, headed east. I went for quite a while and only covered about 13 miles before I had to save, so I hope to get back to it soon. It does really have a lot of session potential, at least from what I have seen on the west end. However I did note that sometimes I got sidetracked and in approaching the mainline again the drive would say Yellow for what was obviously a red light, because the mainline was not set to merge. The most annoying thing was the car horns. REALLY? In the middle of Nebraska? Is there some way to shut those off? It's ridiculous to be constantly assaulted by honking noises next to a rural road where there is no reason for it. Even in cab view! I had to turn the sound off, and that's no fun! Other than that, really nice so far, except I went though one small town with weird smokestacks on top of every building, and on the east end of town every house had a huge fuel storage tank in the back yard? Bob, was the fix for the Maxwell crossings included in the base code, or do I need to get the fix? And was the head-on train described in this thread fixed? Thanks for all the hard work you put into this!

Hi! I just purchased this route and started on a quick drive from the west end, headed east. I went for quite a while and only covered about 13 miles before I had to save, so I hope to get back to it soon. It does really have a lot of session potential, at least from what I have seen on the west end. However I did note that sometimes I got sidetracked and in approaching the mainline again the drive would say Yellow for what was obviously a red light, because the mainline was not set to merge. The most annoying thing was the car horns. REALLY? In the middle of Nebraska? Is there some way to shut those off? It's ridiculous to be constantly assaulted by honking noises next to a rural road where there is no reason for it. Even in cab view! I had to turn the sound off, and that's no fun! Other than that, really nice so far, except I went though one small town with weird smokestacks on top of every building, and on the east end of town every house had a huge fuel storage tank in the back yard? Bob, was the fix for the Maxwell crossings included in the base code, or do I need to get the fix? And was the head-on train described in this thread fixed? Thanks for all the hard work you put into this!
The huge fuel tanks are actually water tanks. PM me your email address and I will send you the fix
Regards
Bob

Thanks, Bob.

By the way, I'm currently scratching my head over the steam session (Session 3). For some reason, I have yet to be able to finish the session without T:ANE hanging up (and I mean Task Manager kill-process kind of hang). And, this has been on two different systems, both a high-end laptop and a high-end desktop. Funny thing is that there doesn't seem to be any complicated scenery changes or anything to explain the issue... I'll keep trying...

there doesn't seem to be any complicated scenery changes or anything to explain the issue... I'll keep trying...
I am not familiar with the route or session, but rumors tell me it contains a big yard.
So my guess:
Could it be that in the area your games crashes in there is a lot of rolling stock? Those are usually the more detailed assets and they might eat up a lot of resources.

Still a bad thing if the game crashed due to this though, but maybe it can explain it for you.

I am not familiar with the route or session, but rumors tell me it contains a big yard.
So my guess:
Could it be that in the area your games crashes in there is a lot of rolling stock? Those are usually the more detailed assets and they might eat up a lot of resources.

Still a bad thing if the game crashed due to this though, but maybe it can explain it for you.
Well, that is what is quite odd. The crash occurs at some point mid-route, out in the "country" with no traffic on the opposing line. Passing trains seem to move by just fine. I have a little stuttering at times, and being steam, it's not surprising with physics enabled. I noticed the audio stream dropping elements occasionally. There must be something quite hefty going on that I don't see.

I do remember reaching the canteen objective the first time I played the session, and then the game hung up before I could reach the yard speed limit.

Running the Steam Heritage Trip session and am seeing an issue with one of the other consists. Driver Christopher's engine (Alco RS3 Union Pacific #1292, kuid:56875:100298) is being shown as not available and loaded into the session. In the Driver Setup for the session, the engine is shown in red.

In my TANE, it is shown as installed. Showing in Preview Asset looks good. I did a Show Dependents on the asset and the session Grain Strain is shown but not Stream Heritage Trip.

I did perform a DB rebuild, but the issue still remains.

Anyone else this too?

Jeff

Running the Steam Heritage Trip session and am seeing an issue with one of the other consists. Driver Christopher's engine (Alco RS3 Union Pacific #1292, kuid:56875:100298) is being shown as not available and loaded into the session. In the Driver Setup for the session, the engine is shown in red.

In my TANE, it is shown as installed. Showing in Preview Asset looks good. I did a Show Dependents on the asset and the session Grain Strain is shown but not Stream Heritage Trip.

I did perform a DB rebuild, but the issue still remains.

Anyone else this too?

Jeff
Can you PM your email address and I will send you a fix
Regards
Bob

Anyone know if there are any Union Pacific loaded coal car assets out there? This route just screams for Wyoming coal trains headed east, but I can find every other line BUT U.P. loaded coal cars. I would also like to work on populating the Bailey yard, but would it do much good if it is just a saved quick drive?

I noticed that fixes for system hangs are slated for the next T:ANE update. Perhaps my solution is just around the corner...
I hope so, I have tried everything to fix this (numerous buffer counts etc) but it must be something in the programme background that is way beyond my technical abilities.

I hope so, I have tried everything to fix this (numerous buffer counts etc) but it must be something in the programme background that is way beyond my technical abilities.
Thanks, Bob, for checking things out. You really did a bang-up job with this route. Or should I say, "bang-on"? "Over the top"? "Spot on"? Whatever, it's a fun drive!

Thanks, Bob, for checking things out. You really did a bang-up job with this route. Or should I say, "bang-on"? "Over the top"? "Spot on"? Whatever, it's a fun drive!
No worries Joel, thanks for your support. Unfortunately, I started the Route in TS 12, then had to update it for TS12 SP1, then TANE (Original version) then for TANE SP1. I think some things might have fallen over along the way. Funnily enough, the original TS12 version ran better than all the others.
Regards
Bob

Back