Fall Harvest - Nebraska!!

harpman

It's a good one! Just finished the first of 3 sessions provided, the grain train. Easy, but just long enough. I like this add-on. Scenery is superb, track is as well. I'm hoping others will do more sessions!

I love everything about it, except for the trackwork, signals, textures, rolling stock, colour palette, and the price

I love everything about it, except for the trackwork, signals, textures, rolling stock, colour palette, and the price
Hmmm...It looks pretty good to me.

I'm passing because I spent all my discretionary funds on TMR17. It will be a while until I recoup the funds...oh, about the time I need to purchase my next FCT...

EDIT: BTW, I finally couldn't resist...

Last edited:
Tell me guys -the route as whole- only contains Bailey Yard [now isn't that an understatement -the yard's so huge :D ] or does it also contain "enough" mainline trackage leading out from the yard as well? It would seem silly to me to make up trains, only to go nowhere! :hehe:

No, there's a whole route there. Plenty to see and do. It will appeal to yard switchers though as they can assemble trains and send them on their way and allow them to return empty.

No, there's a whole route there. Plenty to see and do. It will appeal to yard switchers though as they can assemble trains and send them on their way and allow them to return empty.
WOW!!! That's grand! Bailey with the feel of a route around it! :udrool: What more can one ask for! Thanks harpman! :) I must purchase this yard ... er' route! After all, there's no yard like it in the world! (And even if it were not to have "the feel" of a route around) the yard is a RR unto itself! Instead of delivery of consists to businesses, and industry [which one can still do with this route -I suppose ] it's delivery of consists to other designated tracks within Bailey -perhaps many miles away! Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
Yes this route is very well done. I have no complaints. For those wondering about the length it runs from west to east it runs from Paxton to Maxwell.

Sure there are large yards but even with a few rolling stock in them the game lags if you want to go anywhere else on the route, even if you want to look at the map.

And I have a higher end computer.

Looks silly with about 20 cars in the yards.

Harold

Signals are not correct in many places/ and or are in the wrong place

I just tried to run the Grain run session and ended up face to face with other trains. The signaling on the route needs to be fixed. there are 5s where 4s should be. Some signals on the wrong side of junctions. The route is laid out really nice but if the signals don't get fixed you all will have the same problem as I did.

Thanks for the comments all. I started this route back in 2012 and went through several versions of TS12 and then adapted it to TANE. The tools weren't as good back then, I had to lay most of the track using a protractor. It wasn't until TS12 SP1 came out that we finally got a measure with a built in protractor.
Regards
Bob

Thanks very much Bob! Nice to be able to add a significant chunk to the complete Union Pacific transcontinental line. With TrainzItalia's Donner Pass, West from Denver, Sherman Hill and now your Nebraska I can, sort of, make most of the east - west run. :D :D :D

Last edited:
Thanks very much Bob! Nice to be able to add a significant chunk to the complete Union Pacific transcontinental line. With TrainzItalia's Donner Pass, West from Denver, Sherman Hill and now your Nebraska I can, sort of, make most of the east - west run. :D :D :D
It's a fantastic addition to the line. Only chunk missing now that can't be added in with Iportals is Salt Lake City. Perhaps one day somebody might fill this gap, or even build other parts of the main to create a seamless connection. The connection at Green River, WY would also be a very exciting addition as well. It is the diverging point where the Overland Route can be switched over to the OSL (Oregon Shortline, UP's Northwest Passage). I know that I'd probably be using it all day long. Nonetheless, a very exciting addition to trainz, and one that can keep you busy weeks on end :p . Remember, Bailey can handle 18 trains the size of the regular running 12,000ft MNPPT!

I had the same thing today when I did the grain run. We did hit, but then the other train went backwards. So I kept going, it kept backing till I was taken off the mainline and headed to fill up the cars. Most times when you hit a train head on the session stops.

It is a great route, BUT!!
I ran the Midnight Rescue session today and there is a missing switch lever at Maxwell X-Over East3.
How can this be fixed when you can't access the route????????? That's the great DRM for you.
Wont be getting anymore routes from Sim Central, that's for sure.
Cheers,
Mike

Can some take a screenshot that shows the entire size of this route? I would like to know how big Is it before I purchase it.

what up home slices.

i want to know: if i buy this, can i run it on my new system? ( see latest started thread)

Back