MY content has been ripped off gain - dear Mr Billvu please stop

NSWGR_46Class

Just call my Captain Rude
Dear Mr Billvu please stop

ny NSWGR 60 class has been ripped off
<kuid:540717:1> which is the same as kuid <kuid:73150:100061>
<kuid:540717:2> which is the same as kuid <kuid:73150:100062>
<kuid:540717:3> which is the same as kuid <kuid:73150:100063
no idea why or even how he is managing to upload items with the thumbnail disabled the original is still contained in the assets file :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Possibly although I'm just checking to make sure (since it's the Helpdesk that will be the ones who deal with that kind of thing rather than forum members).

Shane

These assets are probably in the queue now downloadable after processing. I won't use an obvious analogy... :)

Did that shane but this is more of a warning to people not to download and where to find the original
Possibly although I'm just checking to make sure (since it's the Helpdesk that will be the ones who deal with that kind of thing rather than forum members).

Shane

Good Morning All

All content uploaded by this user has been removed from the Download Station, and the user has now been banned from the Download Station due to their repeat offence. It's possible some may still be in the upload queue, however I will check this again tonight and tomorrow, and remove as needed.

Regards

I am very glad to see original work being protected and violators being banned. That is essential for maintaining standards of respect and decency in the sim universe. Well done.

I am very glad to see original work being protected and violators being banned. That is essential for maintaining standards of respect and decency in the sim universe. Well done.

Agreed, and all it took was vigilance on the part of community members who followed the correct protocols laid down to deal with this issue. There was no need to lock up assets on the DLS with encryption and copy protection methods that, ultimately, do not protect but cause problems for those honest members who want to be able to mod the assets for their own private enjoyment.

An illustration of the fact that the system does work.

What is to stop the person(s) from creating a new ID and uploading again ?

I had fun collecting all his assets, and some day I will load them, laugh at them, and delete them

I had fun collecting all his assets, and some day I will load them, laugh at them, and delete them

They are not worth loading. I have already deleted them. One route was a joke, a plain joke.

Would that require a new serial number or digital download equivalent? AFAIK changing your ID without a new serial number would mean going through the help desk and I think they would notice if a Mr Billvu (or "William Vu" from Saigon according to his profile) was requesting a new identity after being banned.

Remind me never to get on your bad side.

Simple, Cas, ban his account and his serial number --- And if he want to buy another trainz product, fine ... does the same thing again, ban that serial number, too --- it's like giving N3V money, and actually doing nothing with your trainz product due that each serial number can be ban, if of course, he upload things are sin't his!

Ish

I just came across a site called "Chinese Trainz Heritage" and it has a ton of inaccurate reskins that were supposed to be based on historic Chinese steam locomotives. Before I thought to download one of these, I went over to the Contacts section and I saw the email address sounding a bit familiar to me and one of his reskins on a "J clone". I don't want to expose people's websites in a negative light, but please check it out and tell me if that's really him or not. I didn't download anything since the skins neither look interesting nor very good quality at all.

https://chinesetrainzheritage.weebly.com/

Last edited:
I checked that email address, it definitely has Bill's name on it.

I also looked on Youtube and found several suspicious channels associated with him.

*Bill Vu
*Bill 37972
*Classic Streamliners
*Train Follower
*BR Trainman
*Australian Films
*STEAM TRAIN D.V.D.
*The Thomas The Tank Engine Films
*Ka De
*Bill 37973
*CPR Productions
*Steam Train Sounds
*The Flying Scotsman Films

There may be more, but it's less likely for this individual to return to rolling out illegal reskins if all of these channels are shut down. They all have the same content; illegal reskins.

He has impersonated some genuine content creation groups such as K&L Trainz and CPR Works. Bill really has gotten ahead of himself with all of these sock puppet channels.

Back