Why isn't 'region' a searchable category in Content Manager?

Interesting point.

In CM "Region" appears as a search filter but you have to select a specific country as the region to be found.
"Region" is also an asset type, like building, track, consist, spline, etc but while you can do a category search on any of these asset types, you cannot do one on "Region"

But if you do a search using both those filters, would this not give the desired result? ..................
....... or have I misunderstood the question :confused:

I think the search filter called "Region" in CM is looking up category-region, not Kind. This doesn't really cut it, because category-region is a free and often thoughtless choice by creators, whereas Kind region is quite specific to the particular class of asset I'm looking for.

Speaking of class, there is category-class (supposed to be "YX" for Kind region assets) but CM doesn't seem to use that tag either, probably because it also doesn't guarantee anything.

The only way I found to get at Kind region assets was to filter on "Download Station" or "Installed", then sort the resulting list by the heading "Type". Manually scroll down until it comes to Region assets. Presumably CM must be using Kind, but calling it Type.

Personally, I think Kind Regions deserve to be searchable under the Category filter just like everything else.

One reason why N3V haven't bothered may be that many creators are slipshod in defining region so you get for example British items with US region.

Back