TANE error

cnjman765

I recently bought a disc copy of T:ANE. I downloaded it, and the game appears on my desktop, however when I try to open the game, I get this error message: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." I looked up multiple solutions to this issue and nothing works. I have restarted my computer, reinstalled the game, updated and installed many things, but to no avail. And my computer IS in fact a 64-bit system. I'm running windows 7. Anyone know a solution to this issue? Thank you!

cnjman765 - there are many possible reasons why T:ANE won't play nicely on first installation, so we need to explore this further.
What are your system specifications? Does it meet the minimum requirements for running this application?
The most common reason for failing to run as you have mentioned above is because the graphics card is not DirectX 11 compliant (or better).
The current version will not run on OpenGL or earlier versions of DirectX.
Another possible cause for the error code (0xc000007b) is a missing Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file associated with the C++ runtime version installed on your machine.
If you update that, you might be able to get T:ANE to run successfully. Here is an earlier post that might be helpful in this case:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...s-and-how-to-solve-them&highlight=missing+DLL

Last edited:
I have downloaded C++ 2013 and DirectX11, and the error still appears. I also checked the minimum requirements, (and personally I don't even know if my computer has some of those things or not...) So I don't quite understand the problem. Thanks for the reply!

Alas, simply loading the software is not enough if your hardware components (e.g. graphics card [GPU] or central processing unit [CPU]) are not hardwired to support it.
Here are the official minimum requirements for T:ANE from the hardware thread of the T:ANE forum:

Required Hardware Specs: (Hardware Specs may change)

Minimum:

Minimum ReqIntelAMDDetailsMac
CPUIntel 'i' series introduced 2009 onwards. Minimum 2 physical coresAMD K10 and above introduced 2009 onwards. Minimum 2 physical cores2Ghz Dual Core supporting 64bitIntel i5 2Ghz
RAM4GB DDR34GB DDR34GB DDR3 (+ 1GB for onboard graphics)
GPU1GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 41GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 4NVIDIA GT 430 or better/ AMD ATI 5550 or betterIntel Iris or better with 1GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 4
HDD30GB free space30GB free space30GB free space
OSWin 7 64bit and above (64bit OS only)Win 7 64 bit and above (64 bit OS only)OS X 10.9 and above

Recommended:

Recommended ReqIntelAMDDetailsMac
CPUIntel i5 3330 or betterAMD FX 8350 or betterQuad Core 2.3Ghz 64bitIntel i5 2.3 Ghz
RAM8GB DDR38GB DDR38GB DDR3
GPU1GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 41GB dedicated VRAM supporting DX11 and Open GL 4NVIDIA GTX 660 or better/ AMD HD 6950 or betterDedicated Graphics card with 2GB VRAM supporting OpenGL 4
HDD30GB30GB30GB free space
OSWin 8.1 64bit and above (64bit OS only)Win 8.1 64bit and above (64bit OS only)OS X 10.9 and above

Last edited by shadowarrior; April 7th, 2015 at 12:51 PM.​

Here's a link to that lengthy conversation thread which contains many solutions and suggestions for people experiencing what you have reported above:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?113153-TANE-Hardware-Discussion

Last edited:
Back