Kinda quiet in here

They could possibly be working on things, or just may be away for a while without notice. I don't really know. But I'm sure they are ok.

They, JR, are working on a large 1960's era pulp and paper mill based in the Pacific Northwest and serviced by both the Northern Pacific and Great Northern.

I know this for a fact because the voices in my head keep telling me so. :eek: :confused:

Regards,

EDIT: Just too make sure I don't start any rumors. Disclaimer: The information provided in the first sentence of this post is, to the best of my knowledge, fraudulent . I made it up.

The second sentence, well my therapist is working on that. ;)

Last edited:
I personally believe they've been slow (or at least with the content in which I'm interested in for the most part) for around the last 14-16 Months. I love everything they've done. But as of late it seems the focus has been on a certain region an era. I actually did not renew my Club Car due to that. But all this been said love all the content and check up on them daily in the hope that we see more modern content again. My layout is based on the line I work on so its hard to start fresh. I will remain a loyal JR Customer.

Last edited:
I don't think it's just limited to here. Trainz activity in general seems to have dropped off over the last six months. I personally enjoy the fallen flag stuff, but I can see how people interested in modern stuff might be disappointed. That being said I too allowed my Club Car membership to lapse since I didn't buy anything during 2016. Who knows what 2017 holds though?

Lot's!! We're shifting over to routes. TANE doesn't have many routes to run, so we have several about complete. We're also working on a rather large project that I think many of you who enjoy proto operations will love this. Expect to see some new models as well!

Mike

New stuff?

Cool, but... the "old" routes, what about them?

Some of them should be have an update, like JR said when the routes were released, but they never did.

Like American Intermodal?

☼¿?☼

One more...

All your routes works in Tane, so why not updating them to Tane standards and re-release them?
With new trees, and trucks with real wheels that rotate. :hehe:

Then all the Taners will buy them too!
New money for old routes.
Tane is the future and looks so much better.

☼¿?☼

American Intermodal runs very well in TANE, but requires a bit of work to get there -- it's been a while since I converted it, but as I recall, the only issue was with the use of Pofig's trees, which don't work in TANE. Initially, I swapped them for the trees and bushes used in the military module, since that module works with TANE. The most time consuming part of the swap was rotating the bushes and sometimes moving them to keep tracks and roads clear. The whole project took me most of a Saturday.

I, for one, am looking forward to whatever routes the JR guys are cooking up. Legacy of the BN is hands down the best looking route available for TANE, but it would be nice to have some variety. Bring it on, JR!

To 22alpha...

Thanks for the good news about routes. I also think that "Legacy of BN v2" is the best route available for TANE and I would certainly buy TANE versions of "Midwest Grain" and "Cool Creek Logistics", even if I bought the last one for TS12. I tried to port these to TANE and, simply said, I am really not good at it.

One suggestion if I may: for people that likes to run short-lines, or to mix kind of motive power, or to built-up impossible scenario in an alternate world, it would be interesting to have an extended line of motive power and rolling stock under a unique imaginary name and paint scheme. The "Pioneer Valley" was a good idea so why not offer a vast choice of the JRPX Line. The paint scheme used with in the CC&W is great and I am now using the engines in many routes but I would like to run a GP5 with a GP38-2 or even an SD70... Please, help people like me with really no talent for reskinning, at least far, very far, from the quality you offer.

One suggestion if I may: for people that likes to run short-lines, or to mix kind of motive power, or to built-up impossible scenario in an alternate world, it would be interesting to have an extended line of motive power and rolling stock under a unique imaginary name and paint scheme. The "Pioneer Valley" was a good idea so why not offer a vast choice of the JRPX Line. The paint scheme used with in the CC&W is great and I am now using the engines in many routes but I would like to run a GP5 with a GP38-2 or even an SD70... Please, help people like me with really no talent for reskinning, at least far, very far, from the quality you offer.

We have some ideas on this as well and not just JRPX since we've seen that freelance roadnames actually sell quite well. Personally I model HO scale and I have my own freelance road as do several of my other friends and at some points or another we've toyed around with bringing those freelance railroads we model in HO scale to life in Trainz. The mockup for my initial scheme was actually done by Justin on one of our older 40-2 models but we haven't gotten much farther with this at this point. It's in the "ideas bank" we have going to its one of those things eventually we will release but like everything else it will take time.

-Kevin

Back