Brazemore Layout question

Railhead001

I have tried to see if this layout has track markers and can't seem to figure out how to access them.....In map mode I can see just junctions and signals. If I check the box for markers nothing shows....any help greatly appreciated. I would like to create some sessions for my updated Brazemore layout. Also if somebody could point me in the right direction to add interactive industries that would be a big help.

RH001

Hi Railhead

The track markers for Brazemore are stored with the sessions. You can edit the sessions to see them. Weird I know, the route will not open for edit but the sessions will. Well I hope this helps. I know this because I seem unable to complete the second session and am trying to discover why. By the way no changes are allowed even though you can open and see the track markers.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I thought the same as you but I seem to have stumbled on a workaround that actually allows me to create a new session with my own markers on a payware route that trains follow and can be played at a later time.................:cool:

Yes you can create your own new session for the routes. Simply open the route sessions menu and create a new session. It uses everything available on the original map (but not the session layers) plus anything you add into the new session. Save it and it is persistent. As noted it seems strange. IIRC you can up load the session to the DLS and others can dl it but only those that have the payware route can run it. The payware route is a dependency required for your session and not include in it.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Yes you can create your own new session for the routes. Simply open the route sessions menu and create a new session. It uses everything available on the original map (but not the session layers) plus anything you add into the new session. Save it and it is persistent. As noted it seems strange. IIRC you can up load the session to the DLS and others can dl it but only those that have the payware route can run it. The payware route is a dependency required for your session and not include in it.

Bob Pearson

Sessions yes but not with your own track markers......unless of course you..................

Sorry I missed your reply.

Sessions yes but not with your own track markers......

I don't follow you here. I was able to place my own track marks and save them with the session.

This is what I did using TMR17:
I selected Brazemore Yard and created a new session. The session is created under my userID.

I placed 2 new track marks Trackmark 1 and 3 on the track and I placed the C&O K4 and tender near Trackmark 3 which was some distance and on another track from the 1st.

I saved the session and exited from Surveyor.

I re-opend the session for editing in Surveyor and the track marks and loco I placed were there.

I went into Driver and directed the K4 to navigate to Trackmark 1. The loco started moving and arrived at Trackmark 1 a half minute or so later.

What's different from what I did and what you want to accomplish in the session?

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
For some reason I get an error message saying I can't alter the route but if it auto saves it is ok and I should clarify that I can make the changes but not save them which is when I get the error message

Last edited:
You can waste days and more trying to figure out what's going on with Trainz. I call it an exercise in frustration.

I'm currently looking at getting a old route into TANE for another Trainzer and I couldn't get the HOG textures to show. I tried loading the route into TS12 and then exporting into TANE. I tried just editing the mapfile names after dl'ing the route from the dls into TANE. Neither worked. I checked the HOG files and some only had .texture files. So I edit the HOG files in PEV's utility and they now show. They were listed as installed from dls and now are listed as modified.

These were dl'd from the dls into TANE but if they didn't have image files with them only .textures why no errors in CM? I know I have other routes that reference those files and they display fine - granted they were imported prior to sp1. Is that sig or just a red herring? Did I mess something up since then?

I'll have a clean install of the new SP2 beta to dl'd the files and test them out on. If I can reproduce it I'll file a bug report. Bugs, oversights, new features or user errors?

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
i also wanted to mod this nice layout.....
so i started with what wasn't allowed: adding tracks..... tried it with inserting spline... no response
i found a yellow spline and i could ad a track... it created a junction, but it looked ugly.... i went to quickdrive and had to save.... placed a loc on the track.... and the loc wobbled over the junction.... not nice but it worked...
i found a white spline and i could add a track... this time it was the smooth junction like i want to have.... and it turned into a yellow spline......
so i quickdrived and this was promissing a track with interactive industries.... i thought....

after saving and takin' a break.... and a sleep.... and a nightsift .... i tried to mod again...
but ... both junctions were disappeared.... and also the white spline..... i think it was even the only one....
this is very creepy... as if the software can detect and can heal....

so i tried the next one: adding a trackmark:

it worked fine and today it is still working........

daveric

PS (what is the functional or technical difference between a yellow and a white spline?)

I do not know the difference between the yellow and white splines but offer a suggestion...try redoing your track but make sure it take some time and allow it to autosave, once you see the autosave in your sessions go and check if the track has been saved. If it has leave it alone and try going back at a later time to see if it is still there, if it is you may be able to rename it and save it and repeat to see if is saved at a future time. I noticed I was able to keep things that way but have not tried it with tracks. Let me know if it works.

what is the functional or technical difference between a yellow and a white spline?
You are actually talking about spline points.
A yellow spline point has a set height. So if you raise or lower the ground, it will stay at that height.
A white spline point has not set height. So if you raise or lower the ground, it will move to the new ground level.

thanks oknotsen for the supplement...

railhead:
i did some modding as you said... i found some splinepoints where i could add rails.. i found 2, enough to experiment with...
while i can't delete or move scenery in payware, i had to rigid/tight the tracks to fit in a place...
then i could add 2 industracks and these appeared in the navigate/drive to list....
i saved it under a self-chosen name and after 3 days they were still there and i could change more things... and play of course ...

just adding to a track didn't create a junction .... so i had to find another splinepoint...

but now i finished with it, because it is a frustrating job....
so i will start fresh with a new layout and use this inspiration ...

respect for your workshop http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...t-of-Trianz-Model-Railroad&highlight=railhead

cu somewhere
daveric

Back