Signalling in TANE

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Currently using BR 4 aspect signalling for route creation. My q is this. I would like to rename signals to represent the region/station/yard they are placed into. Is there any way of renaming signals?

Welcome to the forums and to Trainz an addicting hobby which I'm sure you've found out.

On the same panel where you choose and place your signals, simply click on the question mark (?) then click on the signal you placed that you want to rename. You can then type in the name in the space above on the properties box.

This is the same for other kinds of assets as well such as stations, industries, and even regular buildings.

Many thanks, yep that did it. How about the signal nameplate can that be renamed as well?

Assuming that you are using the Sig 4A BR series (and not Signal BR 5 for example), then you need to name the signal using the ? button and click the tick button to close the window, then click on the signal again and click "Update Now". Also note that these signals require the name to contain two text strings separated by a space (to be displayed over two lines on the signal itself) - if you only need one line then using a dot (or hyphen etc.) for the second line should work.

Others signals, like Signal BR 5, can be easier in this regard (the nameplate simply displays the name of the signal), though so far I've found the Sig 4A ones to be more realistic and flexible when it comes to route indications.

I'll also point out that the current TANE builds (SP1-HF4) have a bug causing text (such as signal labels) to sometimes fail to show up - hopefully this might be fixed in SP2...

Back