Nebenbahn Zellern, my first T:ANE route build, Warning, large screenshots!

euromodeller

Imagineer
Having been given a PC upgrade for the start of the year, I started fettling with TANE for the first time and it seemed OK to me.
So I imported a couple of my routes from TS12 without any problem and started work on them, the more I used TANE the more pleased I became, particularly with the lack of waiting around for validation and database checking.
At last I was free to create and not wait!
So over the weekend I started on a new TANE route... Nebenbahn Zellern, a fictitious German branchline.
Today I fettled a bit more with TANE settings and bravely turned on the shadows feature at High Quality setting, I was blown away! My work sprang to life and was in clear 3D! Now I could see what the fuss was all about.. anyway, enough foaming, here we go..

The images below show the progress so far.

Part one, lay out the basic trackwork at Zellern Bahnhof with fixed track, so that I could get decent turnout angles and straight tracks.

Zellern-01.jpg

Second stage was to change the fixed track sections with the SAM Track of my choice, add platforms some buildings and basic textures.

Zelern-02.jpg

Next I added a few details and changed the main station platform, then added a road. Oh and turned on the shadows :D

Zellern-03.jpg

The goods depot

Zelern-04.jpg

The sawmill loading ramp..

Zellern-05.jpg

The station approach

Zellern-06.jpg

The map so far..

Zellern-map-01.jpg

Thank you to all the content creators, without your skills Trainz would be a different place.
I hope you like what you see, please feel free to comment or advise.
I am not an expert and I am not a rivet counter, there will be inacuracies along the way but the main thing is..

I am enjoying Trainz :)

Graham

Nearly 4 weeks have passed so I thought I would update the progress on this route.

Same sequence as the above shots and from as close to the original point of views as I could get.

Zellern-01a.jpg

Zellern-04a.jpg

Zellern-05a.jpg

Zellern-06a.jpg

Zellern-Map-02.jpg

Some trackside views..

Steaming towards Zellern

Heading-towards-Zellern-Bahnhof.jpg

Ctuising towards the signal box near the wood yard

Cruising-up-to-the-signal-box-and-past-the-woodyard-at-Zellern.jpg

Running around the coaches at Zellern

Running-around-the-coaches-at-Zellern.jpg

Steaming out of Zellern

Steamingout-of-Zellern.jpg

Green and steam !

Green-and-steam%21.jpg

It looks very nice, keep up the good work! There's always something special about German routes and towns, they look so small and cute! :)

The switches are too short, as a general rule, there should be 30 meters between the beginning of the switch and the point where they diverge.

The switches are too short, as a general rule, there should be 30 meters between the beginning of the switch and the point where they diverge.

Thank you for your input.
As I said in my original post, I am not an expert and there will be some errors in my fictional (the usual excuse for modeller's license) route.
So, I rose to the challenge of re-alignment :)

First, a test run with fixed track to see how it might work out with 30m 6° turnouts.

New-alignment-test.jpg

Now overlay fixed track to check if it will fit

New-trackwork-overlaid-to-test-alignment.jpg

I needed to move the signal box to the other side of the track before commencing... the result..

Track-re-alignment-completed.jpg

Zellern-Map-02a.jpg

It looks great (to me ) :D

A look over the tracks towards the wood yard, yep, I am happy with the track, thank you DaSnakke! :)

Woodyard-and-loading-ramp..jpg

Now if only I could find some German procedural track, I hope Samplaire reads this!

Last edited:
Those pics look exceptionally good, keep up the good work and I am sure this will be very popular layout ( if you will upload it to the DLS in a later stadium, of course ;) )

Your layout looks really nice, Texture & Scenery nicely placed, and glad your not a Rivet Counter, this game is for fun, and being a Rivet Counter I think destroys the fun in the Game.

Keep those pictures coming.

3 years later and I've found my route again on one of my backup drives.
So, I thought I'd put it into TRS19 SP1 just to see if SP1 has improved things.

You can decide :D

Zellern-2019-1.jpg

Coasting-out-of-Zellern.jpg

I've installed Sam procedural track and changed a few ground textures, but all else is as per original.

more work and more shots 'soon' tm

Stay safe.

I have returned to Zellern 9 months after the last post and the whole world has been changed because of Covid!

So, I've done quite a bit of work since then, I am now up to board 9.

I've made some screenies to show the progress..

Zellern-1.jpg

Zellern-2.jpg

Zellern-3.jpg

Zellern-4.jpg

Zellern-5.jpg

Zellern-6.jpg

The end

Zellern-7.jpg

Cheers and stay safe

looking really good Graham, its a really good customised route .
Anyway , I like what you have done . i used to live in Peterborough near the Nene valley railway and have fond memories of all that continental stock and locos they had there. keep up the great work !

That is lovely Route....you never disappoint Sir....!

As per Covid and world changes, indeed it has.....I just found out tonight, Parent and Sibling picked up Covid, (in-laws to us)so far they are Medium sick, and we are praying it doesn't get worse.......:(

Happy Holidays to you.....Thanks for the wonderful pictures...........:cool:

Back