Franklin Avenue Industrial

Thanks again, and your'e right, the creator makes great routes...and it's weird. Just tried to run the session, but did follow instructions to spot the reefer at the Cold Storage (without any icons and no points..) then later, there comes an icon telling that the reefer should be collected again...but after that the session stops interaction...Will try your advice later tonight and completely ignoring the "session instructions".

Hi there,

Sorry that I'm just seeing this now. I rarely visit the forums these days.

A few things to keep in mind with Franklin Ave and the Monday session. The original route was built in TS12 before N3V approached me about including it in game. The final version of the route and session (Monday Morning Local) was built and finalized in TMR17, exclusively for TMR17. This was all done back in 2015/16 and I'm not sure the Trainz store existed in the state it is now. As far as I understood it at the time, the route and session were only to be included in TMR17. I was never asked to port or support the map or session into TANE or 19. I also haven't run either since then so if any bugs have developed over the years I haven't been made aware of them.

That said, if I had to take a guess, it sounds like the scripts aren't detecting the proper rail cars as they're spotted. This could be because all of the JR content used has been added to the DLS and in doing so, some kuids and scripts have been slightly altered. It's also likely that the evolving build numbers from TMR17 to TRS19 has something to do with it.

N3V might say that the route and sessions are compatible with 19 but I can go on record as saying that I've never been asked to test and confirm that myself. Chances are that in order to get it working properly, the entire session would have to be rebuild in TANE or 19. I'm sure a lot also has to do with Monday Morning being the first session I ever programmed so there's a high probability I screwed something up somewhere in there lol.

Best thing to do is to probably submit a support ticket to N3V with the specific issues you're having. If I can find the time I'll try to take a look at it over the weekend and see if I can shake out some bugs.

Best,

AM

ApproachMedium -
Just as info... I've looked at the session and traced all session command steps and something is just wrong. Perhaps someone tried to edit your session making it compatible with newer versions and it got messed it up. There just isn't any commands addressing the spotting of the reefer.

Please don't worry about this on my account. I ran the session through OK ignoring the reefer. (I just followed the icons.) But I would think N3V would either fix the session or not include it in the route package.

Back