Thread: Franklin Avenue Industrial

Default Franklin Avenue Industrial

I recently purchased TMR17 and as I was becoming familiar with the routes I noticed that the Franklin Avenue Industrial layout requires you to drive through the surrounding walls. Is this just an error or is it representative of what can be expected on other routes? Does anyone know how to eliminate the walls?

It sounds like the sort of thing that users of timber sheds to model railways here in the UK have used to increase space - running tracks in a box built on the outside wall of the shed!

If I did this on a virtual model RR, I would personally want a hole in the wall and a representation of the box, for realism.

Ray
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

Hi. I built Franklin Ave industrial. The reason for the tracks running through the walls is that there is no way to reduce the size of the walls or backdrops. So because I needed a backdrop of some kind I was left with no choice. I did my best to add a transition point like the highway overpass but this wasn't possible everywhere. And if you're referring to the staging tracks behind the backdrops, that area is "out of view" from the operating floor, and again due to the limitations of the walls/backdrops I had no choice and figured it was out of view anyway so no big deal. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

Joe
    aka Approach Medium

Quote Originally Posted by acbdfaqoz View Post
    Hi. I built Franklin Ave industrial. The reason for the tracks running through the walls is that there is no way to reduce the size of the walls or backdrops. So because I needed a backdrop of some kind I was left with no choice. I did my best to add a transition point like the highway overpass but this wasn't possible everywhere. And if you're referring to the staging tracks behind the backdrops, that area is "out of view" from the operating floor, and again due to the limitations of the walls/backdrops I had no choice and figured it was out of view anyway so no big deal. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

Joe
    aka Approach Medium

Hello Joe,

I wanted to let you know, your YouTube Videos are top notch for PBRR Route, keep up the great work......And you make a great teacher.....Sorry for off topic here.

Thanks Blue!

:-)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Joe,

I will say that the Franklin Avenue route is one of my favorites, and enjoyed testing it immensely during the beta.

Your work is top notch with your attention to detail.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

Thanks a bunch JCitron!

Default Ramp? Where can I find the ramp in Franklin Avenue Monday Morning Local? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by acbdfaqoz View Post

Joe
    aka Approach Medium

Ramp? Where can I find the ramp in Franklin Avenue Monday Morning Local? Thank you

Henry 14/09/2018

RailHead001 did some routes with the same issue, so he would hide it with trees and overpasses. When he got to Pioneer P&G he discovered tunnels. They actually work well and look more natural.
    I'm the reason the beer's always gone....