Help with three questions relating to ATLS assets & roads please?

Prince271088

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone who is knowledgeable with both the ATLS assets and roads could assist me with the following:

1) On any given road, how would you make the traffic one way instead of two way? In other words, using built in assets how would I build a one way road or a dual carriageway system etc.

2) How do you get ATLS Assets to work properly for a T-Junction? I've tried with no avail using a combination of traffic stoppers and other bits and pieces and it's getting really frustrating. I have a basic grasp of ATLS assets and can manage a four way junction or a level crossing but a three way junction or anything more than four ways is beyond me. The main issue I have with the junctions, is although I can get the lights to function in the correct sequences I can't get the cars to move in the correct sequences. For example (Using the picture attached):

So this is the junction I am currently working with. As it stands, the lights will successfully go through the correct sequences but the cars on the other hand will not and it's got me scratching my head. The traffic at points 'A' & 'B' will stop when I need them to and so will the traffic at point 'C', however the traffic at point 'C' will only turn into point 'A' and vice versa. Now originally I tried connecting another bit of road to the spline point where I've written 'C' in the hope that it might make a difference but instead they just ignore the traffic stopper at the top of point 'C' and the cars at point 'B' no longer go straight. Is it possible using a combination of stoppers or road to make the traffic go in all possible directions whilst obeying the lights currently signalling the junctions? Or at the very least is it possible to get the cars from 'C' turning in both directions. Furthermore, would it be possible to create four ATLS phases for the route available and how would I go about doing it?

EXAMPLE:

Phase One: Cars from 'A' & 'B' go straight on
Phase Two: Cars from 'A' turn right
Phase Three: Cars from 'B' turn left
Phase Four: Cars from 'C' turn both directions

3) Finally is a roundabout like the one below implementable using ATLS assets?

13820984.jpg

Basically having lights at the exit points of junctions and at various points around the roundabout to let the traffic come out of these junctions?

I hope someone is able to help as this has really left me scratching my head and it's getting a little bit frustrating. I've tried the tutorials from BoatTrainz website and a few tidbits dotted around the forum but if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

The ATLS system does not actually control the direction cars will travel unless they are driveable. Traffic will always follow the road ahead or to the left if the road is split (UK)

I've only used ATLS for crossing, not for traffic signals, but have you looked through the following for help. It's not a website but a downloadable guide called ALTS1 in PDF format. Peter

www.boatztrainz.co.uk/ATLS1.php

Back