T:ANE MP that actually works and is being worked on.

@lumberyard issue.
Lumberyard will not produce anything while any of products queue is full. So if it has empty space in 'lumber' but 'woodchips' is full, it will stop working. Next time if it stops working check for woodchips piling up :) (I'm not 100% sure about that so there may be other issue we don't know about)

Thank you very much for keeping this up to date, my son and I like to play this Multiplayer as it is simple, the map is not overly large and with him being young, offers a lot of variety without being overwhelming. I look forward to the continued support in SP2.

Thank you! Size was one criterion to play with this route. Multiplayer is no fun if you never meet any other player. As soon as time allows I'll try SP2!
Lockheed

Can you really save now in MP???? I just tested a quick session and on exiting it asked me if i wished to save, i did so and relaoded the savegame and was able to restart the server with the saved session. Am i dreaming?

Tried v1.4.6 with the new shop this evening. Was running three AI trains ok. When the first person joined all was well until they move a locomotive. The program crashed and closed, dumping me out of Trainz. Apparently this is becoming an issue for lots of mp's.:'(

perhaps its something to do with us having different build numbers?
T:ANE does not allow you to join MP session if host has different number than you do. (as far as I remember) I will look more into this problem as soon as possible. I am currently unable to run T:ANE because of one corrupted file. I might as well update the thread to inform others.

Saving MP games

Can you really save now in MP???? I just tested a quick session and on exiting it asked me if i wished to save, i did so and relaoded the savegame and was able to restart the server with the saved session. Am i dreaming?

I just tried - saving works. It gets saved like any other single player session. When you load it, take care to these things:
- all drivers are assigned to you
- check if you have any running trains you want to stop - or bring to a save place before going online again
- default max. player value is set to "1" - you most likely want to change that to allow more player (worth a low priority bug entry?)
- SP2 is somewhat crashie, assigning drivers to players seems to trigger a crash earlier or later in a loaded multiplayer (should be verified)
- loaded MP sessions miss the menu icon to switch to other driving mode (easy to realistic or other round, worth a bug entry if confirmed)

Lockheed

Last edited:
Played 3 evenings in a row now with saving, though had only 1 guy briefly joining me. What we definitly need now though @lockheed02 is the ability to respawn stuff. Cause at some point someone derails something every time.

I had no chance to test that very intensively but I have seen that spawn thing on right hand side at screen. It did work for me when running as host, but couldn't verify if other players could see an HST from the UK routes suddenly. I need more time...
Lockheed

I i didnt have the spawn menu afaik, but will check today. Might do some testing then. You could add me on Steam if you need someone to test stuff. Sent you a PM

Played 3 evenings in a row now with saving, though had only 1 guy briefly joining me. What we definitly need now though @lockheed02 is the ability to respawn stuff. Cause at some point someone derails something every time.

We verified that today: in SP2 the host can spawn stuff manually once the layers are unlocked. The regular players can't do it.
Lockheed

so I can finaly use MP (huzza!) but ive noticed something up with the session in testing. I cant get the C&O steamer onto the turntable, it just derails. not sure if its the table or MP having a fit but its annoying :confused:

Not had much time to try the later stream beta builds. Possibly have some time this weekend. About which build and turntable we talk exactly?
Lockheed

PS: that loco looks a bit ... unusual

Back