Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T:ANE MP that actually works and is being worked on.

United States of America, California, Fresno
    Blog Entries

Have you tried permissive signals with dwarfs or invisible signals at the far junction?
    Franksup

yeah - would be one solution. We actually were trying something ... crazy there so ... there might be some changes in future versions in this area. But we were of kind of stuck at the moment - we'll pick up after SP2 deployment
    Best regards and keep your ideas coming =)

Lockheed

Had it running for 5 hours yesterday. Worked quite well, so big thumbs up At the end the lumberyard refused to produce lumber anymore, so i did shut down, had hoped to just keep it running over night so i can continue today :P

sure you not simply ran out of electricity? We should have an eye on that
    Lockheed

Nope i had one full coal train unloading wagon by wagon and another full one waiting in the yard cause the power plant was so full it would not even take the coal anymore. I also had this log train still sitting at the unload filling up the logs as they emptied the first 3 time i collected lumber. It sat there from when you were in the session. 4th time picking up lumber emptied the lumberyrad but it didnt replenish, the little log mover didnt move also.

PS: Since you asked about AI troubles ingame: I also noticed the AI doesnt like to take the outmost platform for transit down to the yard unless you explicitly specify it. If you do not it just waits for the inner track to clear forever :P

PPS: Would it be ok to edit some consists and reupload? So its not needed to shunt everything together again every time. Thats atleast a work around to not beeing able to save in MP and its only a small download of a few 100kb if i see it correctly.

@lumberyard issue.
    Lumberyard will not produce anything while any of products queue is full. So if it has empty space in 'lumber' but 'woodchips' is full, it will stop working. Next time if it stops working check for woodchips piling up (I'm not 100% sure about that so there may be other issue we don't know about)

Thank you very much for keeping this up to date, my son and I like to play this Multiplayer as it is simple, the map is not overly large and with him being young, offers a lot of variety without being overwhelming. I look forward to the continued support in SP2.

Thank you! Size was one criterion to play with this route. Multiplayer is no fun if you never meet any other player. As soon as time allows I'll try SP2!
    Lockheed

Can you really save now in MP???? I just tested a quick session and on exiting it asked me if i wished to save, i did so and relaoded the savegame and was able to restart the server with the saved session. Am i dreaming?

United States of America, California, Fresno
    Blog Entries

Tried v1.4.6 with the new shop this evening. Was running three AI trains ok. When the first person joined all was well until they move a locomotive. The program crashed and closed, dumping me out of Trainz. Apparently this is becoming an issue for lots of mp's.
    Franksup

Quote Originally Posted by fsbrown View Post
    Tried v1.4.6 with the new shop this evening. Was running three AI trains ok. When the first person joined all was well until they move a locomotive. The program crashed and closed, dumping me out of Trainz. Apparently this is becoming an issue for lots of mp's.
    perhaps its something to do with us having different build numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by MRLK View Post
    perhaps its something to do with us having different build numbers?
    T:ANE does not allow you to join MP session if host has different number than you do. (as far as I remember) I will look more into this problem as soon as possible. I am currently unable to run T:ANE because of one corrupted file. I might as well update the thread to inform others.
    Richard Bosnak

Eagle County, Central Europe and Metro routes.

Default Saving MP games

Quote Originally Posted by StukaRT View Post
    Can you really save now in MP???? I just tested a quick session and on exiting it asked me if i wished to save, i did so and relaoded the savegame and was able to restart the server with the saved session. Am i dreaming?
    I just tried - saving works. It gets saved like any other single player session. When you load it, take care to these things:
    - all drivers are assigned to you
    - check if you have any running trains you want to stop - or bring to a save place before going online again
    - default max. player value is set to "1" - you most likely want to change that to allow more player (worth a low priority bug entry?)
    - SP2 is somewhat crashie, assigning drivers to players seems to trigger a crash earlier or later in a loaded multiplayer (should be verified)
    - loaded MP sessions miss the menu icon to switch to other driving mode (easy to realistic or other round, worth a bug entry if confirmed)

Lockheed
    Last edited by lockheed02; July 8th, 2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added 5th -

Played 3 evenings in a row now with saving, though had only 1 guy briefly joining me. What we definitly need now though @lockheed02 is the ability to respawn stuff. Cause at some point someone derails something every time.

I had no chance to test that very intensively but I have seen that spawn thing on right hand side at screen. It did work for me when running as host, but couldn't verify if other players could see an HST from the UK routes suddenly. I need more time...
    Lockheed