Trainz Model Railroad 2017 Looking to buy

Sorebutt

Hi Im looking to buy a copy of Trainz Model Railroad 2017. Im running TS12 right now. Will Trainz Model Railroad 2017 run older contents from TS06 to TS12. Please let me know.Thanks:)[h=1][/h]

TMR2017 is basically the same thing as TANE SP2 to make it simple understandings. Contents from TRS2006--TS12 will work. There might be a few faulty content that might need to be fixed, but all the above it all should import without any problems

If your aim is to build a virtual model railway/railroad, you can do it in any version from TS10 provided you have the overscale assets to give the correct impression. You do need to use layers, though, in my opinion.

Ray

Trainz Model Railroad 17 (TMR17), to clear up some confusion here, is currently a separate product from TANE. TMR17 specific layouts and assets will not run on the current version of TANE (SP1).

When TANE SP2 is released (in the next few weeks???) then TMR17 assets will be capable of running on TANE SP2.

As for purchasing TMR17, currently you can only purchase the stand-alone TMR17 product. After TANE SP2 is released, you will have the additional option of purchasing TMR17 as a DLC package that will install and run in TANE.

Trainz Model Railroad 17 (TMR17), to clear up some confusion here, is currently a separate product from TANE. TMR17 specific layouts and assets will not run on the current version of TANE (SP1).

When TANE SP2 is released (in the next few weeks???) then TMR17 assets will be capable of running on TANE SP2.

As for purchasing TMR17, currently you can only purchase the stand-alone TMR17 product. After TANE SP2 is released, you will have the additional option of purchasing TMR17 as a DLC package that will install and run in TANE.
Well beta access are out now, do it can't be that long. I want to guess about sometime next month, somewhere if not sooner

Maybe also try some of my T:ANE model layouts. I think they are just as good as the two layouts of mine included in TMR17. Search with "philskene" as the author.

There's lots of content from TRS2006 that won't work in TANE/TMR or at least won't look very good. Trees are one of the main offenders as the older type, good though they were at the time, just look transparent. Ditto terrain textures, most of those in TRS2006 are based on 128 x 128 images which just look blocky and pixelated if you try and use in the later versions, even at the finest resolution.

Upwards Compatibility

Hi Im looking to buy a copy of Trainz Model Railroad 2017. Im running TS12 right now. Will Trainz Model Railroad 2017 run older contents from TS06 to TS12. Please let me know.Thanks:)
I am not at all sure if this will work. Just before I began the upgrade to TANE SP2 I tried to create a new scenario and found that I could not install Signals or Speed boards. I loaded an unfinished layout and found that TANE could not find items using GET OBJECT. I tried re-loading the database with no effect. I am currently applying SP2. 3 hours gone another 4 hours to go!

My impression so far is that I totally wasted my money on TMR17; the most I received was a headache and another tick mark on the banner (see above). Faulty and missing assets on imports of content that work in T:ANE, so-so features that leave you feeling that this is a T:ANE wannabe...no, not impressed.

I will compensate by deferring all further purchases of routes and other payware from N3V until I feel that I have made up the loss of this pathetic waste of money.

Notice that postings have pretty well ceased over on the TMR forum. Speaks volumes. Wonder if nev made the killing they expected. But you never know, sales of the DLC version might help once SP2 is released.

Notice that postings have pretty well ceased over on the TMR forum. Speaks volumes. Wonder if nev made the killing they expected. But you never know, sales of the DLC version might help once SP2 is released.
I would only hope, phimat, that N3V does the right thing and allows all purchasers of TMR17 that are also registered users of T:ANE to have the DLC version for free.

No, not at a bargain, N3V,...FREE.

We deserve it after the frustration you've put us through.

Would like to purchase a copy of the Trainz Model Railroad 2017 (TMR 2017) as long as I can transfer my modified enhanced layouts, sessions from the Trainz Simulator 12[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif], and any backed up downloaded DLS freeware stuff.
Most likely that some kuids might need to be altered or tweaked up to run in TMR 2017.
Just wondering if the PEV tools will be updated to run with the TMR 2017 product?
Is there a disk copy of TMR 2017 available from the shops?

davies_mike57

[/FONT]

Would like to purchase a copy of the Trainz Model Railroad 2017 (TMR 2017) as long as I can transfer my modified enhanced layouts, sessions from the Trainz Simulator 12, and any backed up downloaded DLS freeware stuff.
Most likely that some kuids might need to be altered or tweaked up to run in TMR 2017.
Just wondering if the PEV tools will be updated to run with the TMR 2017 product?

davies_mike57

So far there isn't a disk copy for TMR2017 yet, but that doesn't mean it can change later on.
Transferring your content from TS12 to TMR is possible, but there might be a few that'll need working on since it'll be faulty or something
PEV tools I don't know unless its something in Trainz and didn't know that was the name before

I would only hope, phimat, that N3V does the right thing and allows all purchasers of TMR17 that are also registered users of T:ANE to have the DLC version for free.

No, not at a bargain, N3V,...FREE.

We deserve it after the frustration you've put us through.

Can appreciate that. Perhaps they might allow some kind of integration of your TMR install into TANE SP2. After all, TMR is a kind of bolt-on to TANE anyawy.

Would like to purchase a copy of the Trainz Model Railroad 2017 (TMR 2017) as long as I can transfer my modified enhanced layouts, sessions from the Trainz Simulator 12, and any backed up downloaded DLS freeware stuff.

davies_mike57

There is no reason why you can't bring in routes from T:ANE and TS12. TMR2017 is essentially T:ANE SP2 with less content, or to put it better base content aimed at model railroads instead of real world sized routes. I installed an older ca. TS2009 or TS2010 route into TMR17 and had very few problems doing so. I also imported some of the downloaded content I wanted to use from T:ANE, rather than downloading again, and it also worked fine. The only stuff that won't come in of course is built-ins and payware items installed, but that can be downloaded into TMR2017 if I remember correctly, and no disk as far as I know, but that could change.

...The only stuff that won't come in of course is built-ins and payware items installed, but that can be downloaded into TMR2017 if I remember correctly...
I have a significant number of assets from routes existing in T:ANE that show faulty in TMR2017. Try importing philskene's routes for T:ANE. Few of the routes or sessions actually import error free. The most aggravating asset errors I'm not sure how to fix, nor am I inclined to even try. Almost all of these assets are built-in or base assets to T:ANE, but not in TMR2017.

My initial hope was that TMR2017 would be a great place to host all of the model railroad layouts, separate from T:ANE's larger and even huge routes. The first disappointment is that N3V chose to defeat this convention themselves! If I don't want another Kickstarter County, well, that's tough I suppose.

I just don't think that TMR2017 was a release that seemed more geared toward generating revenue than to provide a genuine service to the Customer. Had I known this, I would have invested in routes and payware assets for T:ANE instead, and been a whole lot better off.

Back