Problem with built in asset "Container Station" in Tane

ManyTone

Hi folks
Hopefully someone can lend a helping hand. I have set up the asset "Container Station" in my layout and spent some time running tracks to it etc. The asset is listed as "built in" in TANE (Kuid:-25:36 .... wow shortest kuid ever which may explain my trouble as maybe its stinking old but it is in TANE ;-) ) but now I try to use it and I see a few issues.

1) Cannot get it to load containers onto trains..... maybe I am using the wrong freight cars or what? The trains stop and go through the ritual of loading but nothing gets loaded.
2) The asset has a bunch of containers stored on the asphalt part.... but the containers disappear from view as you change camera angle, even when you are zoomed in close and they should all show. If I pan the camera around even at these close settings the containers vanish.

So..... wondering if this asset even has a load function or if this is just me not figuring out the right method. No missing dependencies or faults in the asset.

Thanks for any insight into this. I spent a lot of time building the container yard before I tested the asset so would really like to get it working before I have to start the yard over.
Thanks in advance!!
MT

Last edited:
1. What cars are you using? Check the properties of the car and see if they have the 20Ft and 40 Ft commodities attached.

2. It's a weird TANE thing, if you zoom back in or go back to the angle that you can see them, they do reappear. They are not actually missing, just some odd bug with the visual aspect of the Station

Hi folks

2) The asset has a bunch of containers stored on the asphalt part.... but the containers disappear from view as you change camera angle, even when you are zoomed in close and they should all show. If I pan the camera around even at these close settings the containers vanish.

MT

This might be due to the "process objects behind camera" setting being disabled.

It is a bit strange as I have not seen this behavior of an object disappearing like this until this asset. I can understand if it was a 3rd party asset but this is a Tane "built in" asset. I can see from above comments that I am not the only one experiencing this. At least I know it is not my error.

About the loading issue.... I am using a semi modern day standard ttx car. I also tried a few other cars. Does anyone know what freight car in North American / Canadian style that works with this asset? I also have tried "process objects behind camera" but to no avail. You actually have to barely move the camera and the container piles disappear. I am thinking I can build bigger piles over top of the ones included in the asset. First though I want to make sure that this asset can actually load cars. So please if any of you guys know, let me know what cars might load on this asset.

As said guys .... I might expect this from an asset that comes from a 3rd party channel in some form, but not from an asset that is built in to TANE so I am a bit confused here.
THANKS for all the input!
MT

ManyTone, did you ever get this working? I have only recently had the same problem, so I thought it was the upgrade to 90945, but clearly it wasn't back in January. A mystery.

I ended up building bigger piles of containers over top of the ones included in the asset.
But I realized later that if I increased my graphics settings in Trainz that the containers stop disappearing. Apparently the asset does not like lower settings. This also happens with the paid version of Contz available in the Trainz store.
It was just one setting that needed increasing and then the containers will be visible.
Let me know if this works for you.

I had the same problem with several assets and found the answer HERE

Yes I see that is a newer post than my original post. I figured it out through trial and error but that was the solution for me - Switching the Scenery Detail slider up.
At least we all know now ;-)

In the end I found I needed to download Vologda's V Container vehicles - kuid:78638: 100126/127/134/135, instead of the built-in Container Flats.

Back