A request that was made for WOT content.

n8phu

Purveyor of the Forgotten
This request was one of two that made my PM box today:

"Could you also try repairing the old World Of Trainz Payware to work in new versions?"

The requester apparently has :

1. Complete disregard for the original author of these assets, otherwise he would have asked the original author for the items to be repaired.

2. Has no respect for Copyrights.

3. Does it again and I will dump his name to the community. That is a promise, not a threat

If it happens (again) please also report the thread. That is the only way an administrator can consider doing something about it (as we moderators don't have access to PMs, even after reports).

Does he know? Or is it a kid or someone ignorant in copyright laws?

Rather than throwing the book at him or trying to publicly shame him, perhaps just tell him to look in the EULA, and remind him these must be bought from Phil_C and can't be redistributed.

I do think it would be cool to see the old WOT content in newer versions of Trainz, but of course someone would need to contact Phil_C, and he hasn't been heard from in quite some time.

Matt

Does he know? Or is it a kid or someone ignorant in copyright laws?

Rather than throwing the book at him or trying to publicly shame him, perhaps just tell him to look in the EULA, and remind him these must be bought from Phil_C and can't be redistributed.

It is someone who knows full well that it would be illegal for me to do so.

You got asked to upgrade payware assets?

They obviously don't know what ***PAY***ware means.
Don't mind me poking around where I'm not supposed to be...

Back