Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landrvr1 content questions

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I think his intent was that the sharing happen through an one to one exchange between trainzers. For example, I upload the files to Google drive possibly with a password and then send you the link and the password via email. Not broadcasting the link to the world. I imagine this was done to prevent users of illegal copies of Trainz from getting hold of the files. Sadly Trainz has always been heavily pirated software and this is in no small part due to the many websites that offer content without verifying if the downloader is a legitimate user of Trainz.

He did not want it uploaded to the DLS because at the time many creators took issue with Auran's terms that you had to agree to when uploading content to the DLS. As far as I know those terms have not been relaxed so I would say it is still a no to upgrading it and putting it on the DLS without his permission.

What is odd to me is that although I had all his stuff in TRS2004 and it was very nice by those standards of the time it would be extremely dated today. I understand that it is unique but why hasn't someone like RRMods or Jointed Rail created the same stuff if it is so popular?

William

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Could you clarify MP242? You think that I am not off base, or you think file sharing is not allowable from what he said? The last sentence I wrote was just a comment....
    I would think that posting "putting" "His" files out in a DropBox, or OneDrive, or other file share" and then share that link", "posting "his" assets" on an external file sharing site would constitute a violation of "his" license statement
    My 4325 car RGCX train is 53.24 miles long, and takes 1 hour to pass through town !

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    What is odd to me is that although I had all his stuff in TRS2004 and it was very nice by those standards of the time it would be extremely dated today. I understand that it is unique but why hasn't someone like RRMods or Jointed Rail created the same stuff if it is so popular?
    Most of his stuff is US passenger equipment & while there is a need & desire for it. The folks who make content for trainz have very little interest in US passenger trains. Even less interest in traction... not to mention that Chicago (which is what a fair bit of his stuff is based in) is also not really that attractive to most creator. So it ends up being made by niche creators who don't have the skills, and team to make the high-quality content we're getting from the likes of JR & RRMods.

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com