Layout Bashing or how to get more enjoyment out of Trianz Model Railroad....

Did you use the ATLS CONTROLLER for the crossings? Are you going to make a video of the section with the crossings in action?

Looks great, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
The small freight warehouse is now pretty much finished. Found a small compressor and added it to the dock and came across one of those sliding gates for vehicles:

Now just need to fine tune some details here and there on the layout but the scenery and industries are pretty much done. Next stage is the addition of working block signals and finding a fascia drop cloth to hang around the layout.

A short vid of 2 SD-80 Macs pulling a mostly covered hopper train around the modded Pioneer & Freedom layout. After passing through the second ATLS controlled crossing the train will slow down to 15mph as it enters the yard. I installed some invisible speed markers and love the effects. Although the vid shows the train stopping , if it were to continue it would begin to increase its speed up to 40mph.

Last edited:
Morning, just dropping in for minute after getting back home from Mexico, sorry to hear about the BSOD, I sent you a PM today.......

:wave:Good morning,

Couple of things here, I like the scale, and where did find those trucks, I really like the design n color! Keep up the good work......:udrool:

Railhead001. You consistently out-do yourself!!! The work you've done with the dirt tracks and concrete trucks is pronominal! :udrool: Never seen the like! I'm sure many people now are inspired to add dirt displacement to their routes/layouts for more realistic scenes for their trucks and cars. Nice work! :) Again, you continue to inspire and out-do yourself!

:wave:Good morning,

Couple of things here, I like the scale, and where did find those trucks, I really like the design n color! Keep up the good work......:udrool:

The green concrete truck is a built in asset for TMR17, the animated CEMEX truck is <kuid:359354:102317> and Dave Snow has a bunch of cement trucks available, Search for: "Truck Cement Mixer Animated Hiway"

Dinorius_Redundicus made a second scale with a color variation for me on the gravel/dirt...next to the scale:

A big thank you goes out to him for that favor.....

BTW: "BraZemore Yard Modified Revised Vers. 1" which has the BNSF signage is now up on the DLS: <KUID:793180:100197> sorry for no detail description as of yet but if you've been following this thread early on, then none is really needed.....:cool:
Works in TMR17 and should be good for Tane Sp2 as long as you have the original or purchased Brazemore Yard .....

Last edited:
Speaking of CSX............Coming soon................

The BraZemore Yard Modified CSX Edition......until then please find the BraZemore Yard Modified Revised Vers. 1 is out... KUID: <KUID:793180:100197>

Last edited:
Progress on the Modified Pioneer & Freedom: Managed to finish the layout room, added walls and extended the ceiling to cover some bare patches..................just a few more minor details and I think this will be good to go !

Question for the group: Which do you prefer for the mine siding: the open framed mine (1st pic) or the closed:

To be honest, after adding the hoist house I'm leaning towards the closed version.

Last edited:
What I really like about the above mine siding is that it makes for some tight operations, though each siding can hold about 4 100 ton hoppers, you need to use a SW1500 to move just 2 cars at a time because of the short distance...should make for some interesting switching ops especially when the main line has traffic.

Last edited:
Blood, Sweat and Tears.....well one out of 3 anyway..........FINALLY.........figured out how to add the fascia cloth to the layout, updated the mine as seen above.....YES..this is almost set for the DLS, some minor scene detailing is what's left:

Welcome to the Pioneer & Freedom Modified CSX Layout: A modern (late 80's to present) fictional CSX coal hauling route through the rural NorthEast...........coal mining, cement and concrete prefab industry along with a feed supply, freight warehouse and oil facility to be serviced. This is the first in a series just like my previous Brazemore Modified versions...expect some new versions with new industries to be enjoyed !

Last edited:
Back