Layout Bashing or how to get more enjoyment out of Trianz Model Railroad....

Ok, so as I mentioned prior, I had downloaded several things from the DLS.....I came across paramedics, firemen, and an injured person on a dolly/stretcher. So I added them to my little fire scene:

Also came across medical bags and some hoses......

e16036d5a262d8a6458f5a59a93b0c19.png

3d037bd54bf653ccaf139bdd3d5513fc.png

Last edited:
Nice First Responder's layout......

Found some more Limo's and other types of Ambulances UK stuff I needed for my Alps portion and some Construction Crane Excavators by Sir Dave Snow..........Now if I can remember some of the names, I need to make several Really good Pick Lists.......I like CUK's stuff........

Also found some Ambulance Air Choppers and Ambulance Planes I didn't have in inventory, I think similar to Cessna, it takes time to find all these things,,,,,It'll keep me out of Trouble for today......LOL

I just remembered I need to find some more Motorcycles & Motoguzzies?..........:wave: Keep up the good work........

Last edited:
Nice First Responder's layout......

Found some more Limo's and other types of Ambulances UK stuff I needed for my Alps portion and some Construction Crane Excavators by Sir Dave Snow..........Now if I can remember some of the names, I need to make several Really good Pick Lists.......I like CUK's stuff........

Also found some Ambulance Air Choppers and Ambulance Planes I didn't have in inventory, I think similar to Cessna, it takes time to find all these things,,,,,It'll keep me out of Trouble for today......LOL

I just remembered I need to find some more Motorcycles & Motoguzzies?..........:wave: Keep up the good work........

I wish a Motoguzzi was available, if you search through the 1700+ or so items that cuk- has you will come across:
<kuid:93112:3035753> Cuk-Dirt-Bike
<kuid:93112:3035724> Cuk-Motor-Bike
<kuid:93112:3035726> Cuk-Quad-Bike-A
<kuid:93112:3035727> Cuk-Quad-Bike-Camo
<kuid:93112:3035646> Cuk-Quade-Bike
<kuid:93112:3035743> Cuk-Harley-Davidson

<kuid:93112:3035736> Cuk-Yellow-Jeep
<kuid:93112:3035699> Cuk-Dirty-Jeep-With-Driver
<kuid:93112:3035698> Cuk-Dirty-Jeep

:D

You like military stuff too I saw.

Got a nice one for you which, I think, nobody is aware of because of the very short name.

Name is only: LCAC

And this wonderful piece of machinery is just on the DLS.

I made a little scene with it on the Diamond River Mine Route. (JR)
http://www.trainzonline.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2085
Dutch language, but the pictures say enough.

:)

Thank you , that looks like some nice material, I will be searching for that shortly !

Added this........

Will be reskinning the NYPD tow truck to something more civilian...I am surprised there are hardly any tow trucks on the DLS ...if anyone has a third party site please let me know...

Testing.....so currently I am trying to run a session with 3 trainz controlled by the AI using the block system (all going same direction) which looks viable then have the user control one additional train for a total of 4 on the layout....

What I really enjoy about this layout is the view leaving the yard going towards the city...with the buildings getting larger as you approach.....the effect was worth the work involved to achieve it.

Last edited:
Side note:

So with my recent Windows 10 update I will shortly be posting longer videos showing more operations on the layout. Bandicam free version only allows 10 minutes of recording so with the MS Xbox dvr app on my pc I will be able to choose between 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours or more. Just really need to plan some interesting movements for everyone's viewing enjoyment. :D

Well back to the drawing board. Not to happy with some of the Microsoft game recorder issues such as the mouse pointer does not have the option for being removed and it also records pop up messages during the game recording. Fraps I may test or get the full version of Bandicam.

And here is the Microsoft Game Dvr version:
Test of Microsoft's Game Dvr with Trainz TMR17
CSX #6135 Taking 3 empty propane tankers from Northern Energy Substation to Northern Energy Main and then heads back to the yard while Amtrak and NJT passenger service operate. Sidings and Yard have rolling stock.
Unfortunately since this is considered a payware layout that I am detailing, I am not permitted to turn off traffic, so you will see some cars go through a train or 2,,,,

Last edited:
Test #2 of Microsoft's Game Dvr with Trainz TMR17
Amtrak MOW GP-7 #776 leaving Brazemore Yard performing a resupply run of ties and ballast while a pair of Amtrak P32-8BWHs in Phase 4 and Phase 3 paint schemes are pulling a Roadrailer unit train and ending with a NJ Transit commuter train headed by GP40FH-2 #4130 making 2 station stops.....This is the second test using the MS game Dvr software for Windows 10...(A little sluggish in the beginning but gets better...)

Last edited:
So the last video you saw was TMR17 MS GAME Dvr Test 2, which I had recorded after updating to the latest Geforce Video Drivers for my GTX-1060 6GB Gpu...needless to say the results were less then impressive with a lot of stuttering going on. So I decided to revert to the previous version of drivers and see if that would make a difference..hence this video showing the Amtrak Roadrailer, an Amtrak P42 passenger train and a Amtrak Metroliner running the gauntlet....Definitely a smoother ride.............NJT and CSX locos parked in the yard along with passenger and freight cars.
(FX-6300@2.5 Ghz, 16GB ram Geforce GTX-1060 6GB)

Project update:

Since switching over to the MS Game DVR, (until I settle on a specific piece of recording software) and now not being restricted to a 30 minute recording window as I was prior. I will start posting freight operations again on the original Brazemore Yard Modified V1.0 layout featuring BN/BNSF. Now it is realistically possible to do local runs without a time constraint for pickups and deliveries.

Look for them shortly !
:D

RH001

Some pix form V1.0 of my modified Brazemore Yard layout showing the yard itself. It has close to 60 freight cars not including the 2 Trainz with locos and their loads. Ran a few laps and frame rate seemed to be pretty good with no major stuttering issues. So next will come some freight operation videos showing AA Cold Storage and maybe a lumber yard run mixed in.

New addition to the BNSF loco service area on V1.0 of the Brazemore Yard modification...picked up some BNSF GP38-2s off the HP Trainz website and found this useful sanding tower thrown in.

(Not to be confused with the Trainz store 2 pack of BNSF GP38-2s in modern skins)

Rear shot

Last edited:
Made some minor updates to the freight version of the modified Brazemore Yard....

Added a Security van to the distribution center and a CCTV to the guard house

9ac4fd190e4c59b424745397859816c6.png

c8c2de5bf61b6a7d325f3e284df90645.png

And added another Security gate with a CCTV stand....

Changed some of the dump truck loads

Added a "No Parking " Stencil

Been busy with test running AI trains and will reference another post I made on a very helpful tip:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?139080-A-simple-solution-to-an-annoying-problem

Last edited:
I love the broken asphalt texture, and the touch of "grunge" on the building in the background. I also like the way your are planting weeds in your lots and at the road transition.

One thing I've noticed about Trainz is that many great-looking assets and layouts are just too clean to look real!

Thanks.

I love the broken asphalt texture, and the touch of "grunge" on the building in the background. I also like the way your are planting weeds in your lots and at the road transition.

One thing I've noticed about Trainz is that many great-looking assets and layouts are just too clean to look real!

Thanks.

I can't take credit for the asphalt texture, that came with the route as is but I'll take some credit for my "weeding" and I agree with your statement on the "just to clean" look....really ruins the immersion. I think more "weathered" models would be more popular.....

I agree with weathering assets, especially track, as most look so immaculately clean that as if the Bon Ami cleaning lady just polished the ties

My 1991 Ford F150 Pickup (never washed and waxed in it's entire lifetime) just got washed this weekend in a rainstorm

Back