Layout Bashing or how to get more enjoyment out of Trianz Model Railroad....

Camping part 2.......

So I found another RV and a trailer and decided what the hec...could always use another camping scene....fresh air, open fire and 2 babes...what's not to like about camping ?

Camping: Paying an ridiculously exorbitant amount of money ... so you can pretend to live like homeless people, and wake up like your spine slept on a sharp rock, or big fat ol' root neath' your sleeping bag, you wake up feeling like you been dragged through a knothole, and smell like hundreds of wet Pittsburgh teleophone book campfire smoke, and BO, and get attacked by wild raccoons at 3:00 AM

Last edited:
Depot detailing continued.....decided to add some broken overgrown pavement, junction box, ties, rails, no trespassing signs etc.....

Some more updates: Since I now know how to properly use the height adjustment tool, I thought I should update the Humvee convoy scene to what I originally wanted it to look like. Now the trailers and
cab are proportioned (prior pix the trailer was narrower) and the flatbeds are more detailed....

Next I found a Northern Energy building that makes a great maintenance shop and also I added a fueling station for the semis...

Last edited:
Update to the previous update.....I was fiddling around with Northern Energy and discovered by accident if you hold shift+rotate at the same time on certain objects, they can change their vertical position as seen
below by the compressor tank lying on the handtruck which is also tilted back....

Above and below: Added loading platform for the semis and reduced size of propane storage tank to open up some more space......

Last edited:
The shift-rotate action is usually referred to as a roll or a tilt.

Not all scenery objects are configured to enable it. If you look at the config files, and you see a tag called rotate-yz-range, you know it can be rolled. Unfortunately we have no tags that permit rotation in the XZ plane too, so it's a bit restricted.

Last edited:
Service Engine facility update part dos.....so below is the original Brazemore yard service facility that I had added ladders and more workers to in previous posting...

Above: If you look closely on the left side is a pallet of 4 diesel fuel drums in white which I found to stand out a little.....(to clean)

Above: So I added 4 derelict barrels on a pallet with a wood tone and then added some weeds to make it look like it was there for a while.

I was then looking to fill the spaces above the tracks towards the back. I came across this "wrecked" GP38 and thought it would be a good addition to this area. I added some barrels, ties, rail plate pallets
and some rusted propane tanks including one lying inside the engine's access panel....
54c6291682a86d218aa46852445b368e.png

018ca9f1e027656c687f0caec949bc0b.png

e7e418339db58499a1f36bd852ac8222.png

9a74b69ec68cf568bdccc9748ccdf5e9.png

Last edited:
Is the GP38 on the DLS? If so, what's the kuid and name. Your detailing work is really good, it makes the layout feel so much more alive.

Northern Energy Redux....................So the top section of the below Brazemore Yard Layout track plan starting left to right is the large Produce/Fruit Warehouse, then Northern Energy, Grain Corp and last Cold Water Steel.

Below: All these areas use asphalt for roadway/lot areas which makes it look a bit darker on that side of the tracks. I wanted to break it up a bit so I decided to make the Northern Energy facility more industrial looking. Nothing says industrial like concrete.....redid the lots and added signage and detailed the maintenance shop plus found a new forklift to use as well. I think the effect worked well.

Above: Asphalt lot and below concrete addition....

Last edited:
Looking good, and thanks for the overhead maps too,

You did it again sir, got another great idea from your Compressed Gas Trucking area,

I see you used the unloading Platform that is used with Tracks to do the 2 Trucks, I didn't think of using it like that, looks very realistic. Thanks. The area looks really dressed up and gathers a lot more detail and interest in that area you noted.

Whats also deceiving is you have neatly placed so much detail in a small 3 Tile Layout! Great achievement here, thanks for the contribution.

Looking good, and thanks for the overhead maps too,

You did it again sir, got another great idea from your Compressed Gas Trucking area,

I see you used the unloading Platform that is used with Tracks to do the 2 Trucks, I didn't think of using it like that, looks very realistic. Thanks. The area looks really dressed up and gathers a lot more detail and interest in that area you noted.

Whats also deceiving is you have neatly placed so much detail in a small 3 Tile Layout! Great achievement here, thanks for the contribution.

Thank you, I am really happy how that area came out. Looks a lot more "industrial" then the original area was. I got the idea for the transfer platform by noticing the height of it compared to the semis which is why I originally placed it for the Northern Energy substation next to the building supply co. .

I like the idea that the layout is only 3 tiles but really offers tons of operating possibilities or just long unit train running. With switching and passenger service in the mix really makes this a well rounded layout. When SP2 comes out and you have access to this layout let me know and I will send you the session cdp, it is only of the upgraded areas as you see in this thread but you can run your own trains on it as you wish.

All I have left to do is really add some more details to certain areas and that should be it, the hardest one to figure out is the large grain elevator on the far east side...I am stumped on details on it and I poured over google pix of grain elevators and they all seem pretty much the same .....besides weeds I can't think of anything....................

Thank you, I am really happy how that area came out. Looks a lot more "industrial" then the original area was. I got the idea for the transfer platform by noticing the height of it compared to the semis which is why I originally placed it for the Northern Energy substation next to the building supply co. .

I like the idea that the layout is only 3 tiles but really offers tons of operating possibilities or just long unit train running. With switching and passenger service in the mix really makes this a well rounded layout. When SP2 comes out and you have access to this layout let me know and I will send you the session cdp, it is only of the upgraded areas as you see in this thread but you can run your own trains on it as you wish.

All I have left to do is really add some more details to certain areas and that should be it, the hardest one to figure out is the large grain elevator on the far east side...I am stumped on details on it and I poured over google pix of grain elevators and they all seem pretty much the same .....besides weeds I can't think of anything....................

That sounds cool, I would be happy to run on it, and whats really cool, anyone here should be able to run this with no memory issue etc at all! And or they can add it too, or change as well.

I am thinking and looking too? Thoughts here on that, I tried to see in your Thread, I didn't find it, I might have missed the picture, so here goes:

Is there room for an old beat up Farm Tractor, old Hoses that are used to air load the Grain into Trains/Trucks?

Old Farm Trailers with Wooden Spoke Wheels

Maybe some old beat up Semi Truck Tires

I don't know maybe there is some loading Rigging that's old and beat up that could be laying around.

636628e5c8745f347656d11561b4bb7a.jpg
grain-elevators-and-old-tractors-in-ghost-town-bents-saskatchewan-g2krgc.jpg

The bottom 2 photos here show some items, in and around the Silo, I don't know how much area you have to work with, this may be all for not, but maybe it will give something to be able to spur a thought of what might work!

I just got another idea, check on Phil Skene's routes, industrial, or take a look on You Tube he has several videos there about his layout, you might get an idea from one his Industrial layouts that has a Silo on it, I know several of smaller layouts have Silos on it.

Ok. my brain is tapped out.......Good Luck

Parts of items to add?

Thanks for your picture, that helps, I was thinking about what other things to add, see the Old Light area light in picture below, (looks like a Telephone Pole) we could probably add some old Lighting for the Silos for night operations, trucking that might come in with supplies etc, they need to be able to see at night?

See these Pink Tanks here, (can be anything that works color wise with the Silos)

I thought maybe we could fit some type of Trans loading setup? on this side of the Tracks, involving some Trucking, just something small.

Even thought about a small platform and forklift to drop off supplies for special items the Grainery needs.

Also some old parts (gears, old feeder pipes, hoses that broke?) that where torn out of the Silos from repairs that go on, you know how they leave old parts laying around in an industrial area? Maybe some stacks of products that might be stacked in the area, or even a small fenced and gated area for items that would go in the Silos.

Few employee's car, stake Bed Truck.

I looked in the Web at tons of Silo pictures, problem is almost all of them show the Silos and not much else to see for imagination to add.

I hope this helps you some.........?

Better picture of old light on right side.

Last edited:
The loading track for the elevator and the next track over serve this industry while the third is for mainline ops. The elevator already has 2 light pole attachments as well. I added some flatbed trailers, one empty
and one with some farm equipment on it. Threw in some barrels and misc railroad ties. Plus added a worker enjoying the view from his climb...........

Can't really fit any trucks alongside the elevator, not enough room but this should do it for now........

Good looking route. Those pink tanks definitely look like philskene assets...I see them in several of his model railroad routes!

Back