Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Layout Bashing or how to get more enjoyment out of Trianz Model Railroad....

And here is the "camera" tour of the CSX version...part 1 of 2 parts:

And part 2:

Thanks to Dave Snow for more U-Haul releases...added a sign for the small dealership and scrapped the dumpster business and installed a larger U-Haul dealership

Last edited by Railhead001; July 10th, 2017 at 01:51 AM.

A new project in the workzzzzz..........So I have been wanting to do a modern coal hauling themed MRR for some time now......
    unfortunately with the restrictions associated with "Payware routes"'
    I am not able to alter the ground which is a real bummer because I thought I could do a Brazemore Yard coal hauler really nice but so be it.
    I finally came across the Pioneer & Freedom. A layout by WCRULEZ that basically is everything I wanted in a track plan.
    Although not set up as a coal hauler I received his permission to "Modify" it.
    Again I love his track plan and just had to make minor tweaks to it for converting it. Below is a pic of his original plan design.

Next are pics of the very beginning stages of my modifications transforming it into a coal hauler set somewhere
    in the Northeast.....

And some more pics..also for some reason my screenshots are now huge...anyway to reduce them so I can put spaces between them ???

I am enjoying the ability to change the landscape...adding hills and mountains. A new learning process....

So that's a sneak peek of what I am working on.....with this layout you have 3 mines....1 large one in the center yard area, a small (6 car limit, 3 on each track) by Devil's Hill or Devil's Mountian....and then another coal unloader on the opposite side with some CAT front end loaders. I also included an abandoned rusty mine that the trains pass under ....once coal is received it will be taken to an electic generating plant whether that will part of another industry or stand alone needs to be worked out. I will say running 3 SD80s and a 30-40 unit hopper train looks great as it snakes its way around the layout.

The engine facility is also being worked on as you can see I have a small engine house and car repair facility plus a small loco servicing area for the mine. I need to come up some additional industries...maybe something for lumber....or just general warehousing....

The storage tank area is pretty much done...will probably be a supporting mine industry.....the yard is perfect for hoppers and a small section towards the edge for tankers. Threw in a ramp for heavy equipment off loading as well. I think this will turn out pretty good... And a big thanks again to WCRULEZ for the great layout design and allowing me to modify it.

And now a short video of the modified Pioneer and Freedom:

A small but very positive update to my modifying the Pioneer & Freedom layout...I managed to install some Yarnish roads with a working 3 way stop light intersection along with learning how to get ATLS grade crossings installed correctly.....love the results. Below a short vid of a CSX SD40-2 pulling a small Tank Train showing the above details.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq...QkbE4bpHwNZsww
    Last edited by Railhead001; July 16th, 2017 at 02:49 PM.

Great work Railhead. Just amazing.

Bob
    Trainz Simulator 12 Build 61338 - TANE 88364 - Kuid 80493

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    Great work Railhead. Just amazing.

Bob
    Thank you for the kind words......I try to make my scenes as realistic as I can....

Below is an updated section where there used to be a branching siding that stretched across the road. I decided to eliminate it to make a cleaner curve exiting the overpass so that your attention is focused on it more:

And as seen in the previous video, I am quite impressed with both the Yarnish traffic lights that blink at the 3 way stop and the ATLS controlled RR Crossing. Adds a little more flavor to the layout.

Above: My key focus now is to work on this cement industry I installed for the opposite side of the layout.
    Last edited by Railhead001; July 16th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Key Focus part Dos....as mentioned previously I am busy at the cement plant/ cement prefab manufacturer. Below are some updated pix of down and dirty action:

I like having the sand/mud and dirt for the lots on this facility...looks worn in and a lot of use.

Turning an abandoned building into a working business: So I needed a small freight loading/unloading facility to fit next to the concrete prefab plant. I came across the JR Freight house on JointedRail's website but as you can see below it is abandoned...missing doors and bay doors etc....what to do what o do....

I took that and the JR Loading dock door plus the Build a facility single door and concrete steps by Dave Snow and below is the finished model with a forklift and some parked trailers and cars for details. Since I was only using the rail side I did not worry about filling in the other side, as you see that is facing the backdrop... Simple and effective...

Last edited by Railhead001; July 17th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Evening sir, got PM, I'm down in Mexico for a family event.

I see lots of interesting stuff going on, looks really good.

Got to find me some more Cement trucks for my cement plant after looking at how you improved your setup...