Canadian Pacific script font

Chris750

HI all; Skinning an SD40 into CP colours and I am darned if I can find out what type of script CP uses in the 70s. I have used "find my font" and searched numerous font sites and the closest I can come is SEGOE script. This is the font.

and my reskin so far, still have a LONG way to go but getting there. I would like to add random road numbering too but most likely I will fail at that.

Most railroad names on cars and locos did not use a fount but had a stencil made just for the road name.

Thanks for replying, but even a stencil requires a font or script if you will to emboss/create it with.

Thanks for replying, but even a stencil requires a font or script if you will to emboss/create it with.

Not necessarily. In the 50's and 60's logos like these would have been hand drawn/ lettered from scratch, then kept on file and scaled through a photocopy/ enlarger process. think of it more as an image than as 'type'.

The script font is Freehand 521.

The modern font is a variation of Bank Gothic and the older block font is Railroad Roman

Back