Can anyone contact ZapperJet?

JakeTrainz

Trainz Content Creator
After the upgrade of his famous Cass Shay for Trainz 2009 by Yukonzoom (http://yukonzoom3dcreations.yolasite.com/cass-standard-gauge-shay.php), I have further updated the Shays to work using new sounds, smoke, engine specs, and more for Trainz 2009/2010/12 and Trainz A New Era as seen here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsWfRgeWQls). I have performed more upgrades since this video and now feel the Shays are complete. I would like to release these shays, however do not want to do so until (and if) I jet permission from ZapperJet. I have tried to email him and private message him, however I have not gotten any replies. I would like to host these on the DLS and possible on an upcoming website, however I WILL NOT release this without his permission since I do not want to run into legal problems or get banned from the DLS or any other consequences. If anyone knows where you can contact him, please let me know as many people email me asking about them and I am unable to tell them if they can be released or not. Even if ZapperJet says no, at least I'll be able to tell people requesting the shays that they are not available.

Either way, thanks for reading this rather lengthy post and any help is appreciated.

Happy Early New Year,
Jake

Also... If you're reading this, ZapperJet, I promise these will not be released in any way without your permission.

It's been a little over a week so maybe I need to be more patient. That EULA is from Yukonzoom, the one who did the initial upgrade of ZapperJet's original model. I have further upraded the model so I may need permission form both. I figured I'd start at the source and ask ZapperJet first since it's his original model. If he okays it, then I'd also ask Yukonzoom. At this point, I'll just ask Yukonzoom permission, but still will not release them until I get the permission from ZapperJet. The models are his originally and he gave Yukonzoom permission to host them on his site, but, so far, that is the only person that has permission. I will wait until I hear back, but I also figured he may no longer use the email I have since I have emailed him years ago and never got any replies. Guess I just need to be patient.

Yeah its best to wait a bit more. About the model and EULA, I miss that part, wasn't paying attention. Hope you'll get a reply from both authors about the models as I did saw your video and they look good

Release whatever modifications. I don't care. You have my permission.

Anyone who wants to do stuff with the Shays has my permission to modify and release.

I will soon put up a link to a GitHub repository with all the source content for several projects I was working on:

1) Cass Shay #5
2) Western Maryland #6
3) Generic 35-ton Climax
4) SW-8
5) GE 70-tonner
6) Std. Gauge Mallet
7) Some other stuff

I don't have any interest in TRS anymore so everything will be free and open source.

Have fun:
https://github.com/jspataro791/TrainzContentCreation

Last edited:
Without leaving the community,
i would also like to share some sources of content I have done (CreativeCommons license),
wouldnt it be better to have a repository shared by multiple people instead of multiple repositories?

I dont know if that's possible on github, i never used it... maybe N3V can join with some (example) files too :cool:

Release whatever modifications. I don't care. You have my permission.

Anyone who wants to do stuff with the Shays has my permission to modify and release.

I will soon put up a link to a GitHub repository with all the source content for several projects I was working on:

1) Cass Shay #5
2) Western Maryland #6
3) Generic 35-ton Climax
4) SW-8
5) GE 70-tonner
6) Std. Gauge Mallet
7) Some other stuff

I don't have any interest in TRS anymore so everything will be free and open source.

Have fun:
https://github.com/jspataro791/TrainzContentCreation

You have no idea how glad I am to hear this!!!! This is like Christmas to me!!! Thank you ZapperJet for all your work in Trainz. Even though you're not interested in Trainz anymore, your hard work is never forgotten!

Will we be notified of any releases on this forum, or is there a website somewhere with its own forum about these locomotives?

Hey everyone. I've been crazy busy with work lately and haven't had much time for Trainz at all. My project files got kind of messy so I'm re-organizing Shays 2,4,5,and 11 as well as started work on ZapperJet's unfinished Shay 6. I still have no idea when I'll be able to get these on the DLS since my schedule is never the same, but I hope to do so sometime this month or early December.

ZapperJet: Thanks for the SW-8 switcher :).

2fe22c74a7e8dab73f144e0a207b1098.jpg

6261726071ac5f350d632ca6c44ebfad.jpg

7e2bd32ac7d9186402dc8632139cc96a.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Back