SRS Trainz Gecko Scripts Not Working (1920x1080 pics!)

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
So I finally downloaded SRS's amazing content into T:ANE, something I've been meaning to do for a long, long time. I'm facing a small problem though. When I place the locomotives, instead of the gecko script kicking in and placing textures on the locomotives, I get the low-res preview skins. This only happens on the SD75's and the UP SD70M's. See the pics below for an example...

Gecko-script-troubles....jpg

More-Gecko-Script-woes.jpg

Pictured here are the two UP SD70M's (one of which is supposed to be in the flag scheme) and the four SD75's, three of which have the same preview skins. Is anyone else facing this problem? Would reinstalling the skins help at all?

Update: Redownloading the skins didn't do any good.

(Also, is anyone else having trouble logging into the Trainz Gallery?)

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
Check your config files. I recall that some of SRS's earlier models incorrectly had textures referencing the .tga files rather than the .texture ones. The required texture.txt files are present so it is only the config files that need correcting.

So I finally downloaded SRS's amazing content into T:ANE, something I've been meaning to do for a long, long time. I'm facing a small problem though. When I place the locomotives, instead of the gecko script kicking in and placing textures on the locomotives, I get the low-res preview skins. This only happens on the SD75's and the UP SD70M's. See the pics below for an example...

Pictured here are the two UP SD70M's (one of which is supposed to be in the flag scheme) and the four SD75's, three of which have the same preview skins. Is anyone else facing this problem? Would reinstalling the skins help at all?

Update: Redownloading the skins didn't do any good.

(Also, is anyone else having trouble logging into the Trainz Gallery?)

Thanks
Matt

Oops, very sorry for the my late respond.
These SD75Ms & UP SD70Ms still not compatible with T:ANE. They are work perfectly in Trainz 2009 only. I'm re working them for T:ANE but it will take a little time & I'm very sorry about that.
srs.

Oops, very sorry for the my late respond.
These SD75Ms & UP SD70Ms still not compatible with T:ANE. They are work perfectly in Trainz 2009 only. I'm re working them for T:ANE but it will take a little time & I'm very sorry about that.
srs.

It's quite alright, SRS. I was able to find a workaround.
------------------
I'm now having trouble with the new Dash 9's, though not as severe.

On the ATSF/BNSF Dash 9, texture 4 does not load, instead I get texture 3 twice. On the BNSF H1 and both UP Dash 9's, only one texture loads (all texture 3), so all three textures are the same.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Matt

Check your config files. I recall that some of SRS's earlier models incorrectly had textures referencing the .tga files rather than the .texture ones. The required texture.txt files are present so it is only the config files that need correcting.

Sorry for the double post but I checked the ATSF Dash 9 first. It was .tga so I changed it to texture. It worked, I see the 4th skin now. I went the BNSF H1 next. It did not have the map1_a.texture txt file. So I copied it over from the ATSF folder, changed the config. They work and switch skins now.

Thank you!

Edit: got the UP Dash 9 lightning and regular fixed too.

Last edited:
I have a less complicated solution, it consists of making 2 clones of the locomotive, to do it you have to select the locomotive and then in the content tab click on clone and we have a clone of the locomotive without a name, to name it you have to click On the left and in the 'Open' tab we select it and then click on edit file in configuration and in user name we put the name we want, now comes the way to fix the skins, to do it you have to open any of the clones or the original in the explorer and do the same with the locomotive skins.
once this is done we copy one of the files from:
map1_a.tga
map1_b.tga
or
map1_c.tga
on the desktop and what we are going to do is change the name of the file like this: map1.tga, once that is done we cut it in the folder of the body locomotive and replace it with the previous one, so the skin will fix itself and do the same With the rest of the map a, b or c in any of the clones or the original, of course the skins will be like an extra locomotive and the kins will not change automatically, once this is done, we close the folders and click on assign, edited and that's it: D

Last edited:
for some cases like the Dash 9 Lightning Stripe need to leave them like this
0 "map1_a.texture"
1 "map2_a.tga"
2 "map1_b.texture"
3 "map2_b.tga"
4 "map1_c.texture"
5 "map2_c.tga"
so you have texture problems

So you saying to leave it faulty, I don't quite grasp what you are saying in your posts. I am also trying to fix the dash 9's.

The UP Dash 9(Non-lightning stripe) has always giving me a problem where it shows to different road numbers at the same time. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
Thanks,
Dean

The UP Dash 9(Non-lightning stripe) has always giving me a problem where it shows to different road numbers at the same time. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
Thanks,
Dean
I have always just deleted the numbers seen in the properties menu of the locomotive to deal with that, also are you able to see the different skins of the dash 9? (btw I enjoy your routes!)

speedracer72,
Deleting the road number does work, but I like to have consist I can pick for use as an AI train? The skin changer also is not working.
I don't fully follow post #7, but that's just my stupidity?
Also I'm glad you enjoy my routes!
Dean

speedracer72,
Deleting the road number does work, but I like to have consist I can pick for use as an AI train? The skin changer also is not working.
I don't fully follow post #7, but that's just my stupidity?
Also I'm glad you enjoy my routes!
Dean

I don't know anything else to do sadly, I tried the post #7 but it never worked maybe he could put it in a more sensical way.

10-4. Thanks. I figured that unit would be similar to the lightning stripe version?
Big update, I finally got the regular dash 9 working, I think the problem was that he capitalized the Map in the txt file. I also got rid of the gap between the equal sign.
so I did this in each text file:primary=map1_a.tga Tile=st
and the file name was map1_a.texture.txt

I have a less complicated solution, it consists of making 2 clones of the locomotive, to do it you have to select the locomotive and then in the content tab click on clone and we have a clone of the locomotive without a name, to name it you have to click On the left and in the 'Open' tab we select it and then click on edit file in configuration and in user name we put the name we want, now comes the way to fix the skins, to do it you have to open any of the clones or the original in the explorer and do the same with the locomotive skins.
once this is done we copy one of the files from:
map1_a.tga
map1_b.tga
or
map1_c.tga
on the desktop and what we are going to do is change the name of the file like this: map1.tga, once that is done we cut it in the folder of the body locomotive and replace it with the previous one, so the skin will fix itself and do the same With the rest of the map a, b or c in any of the clones or the original, of course the skins will be like an extra locomotive and the kins will not change automatically, once this is done, we close the folders and click on assign, edited and that's it: D

Last edited:
Back