JR Bells issue

amtrak156

Sorry about the constant posting of questions as I have just gotten back into Trainz. Anyhow, I am having an issue with some Jointed Rail locos, in which when I blow the horn all the bells of engines in the lashup go off at once. It sounds quite horrid. Is there any way of fixing this?

Thanks again everyone!

Believe this is an unfortunate side effect of TS12, this does not do so in TANE though. This has happened in versions TS12 and prior, its not something specific just to JR.

Hmmm ... I remember asking about something similar, once upon a time, and Justin telling me that the (JR) loco I was asking about was deliberately set up so that the bell would ring when you sounded the horn. Apparently, this was prototypical.

Hmmm ... I remember asking about something similar, once upon a time, and Justin telling me that the (JR) loco I was asking about was deliberately set up so that the bell would ring when you sounded the horn. Apparently, this was prototypical.

It is prototypical, at least in the United States. Most modern mainline locomotives (Dash 9's, GEVO's, etc) are set so the bell begins ringing automatically when the horn sounds. It must then be turned off manually or ring forever.

Matt

Guys hes saying when you hit the bell on one loco it goes off on all the ones in the consist, this is the old issue with TS12 and prior where it would do so, has nothing to do with the ones that are setup to trigger the bell once the horn is hit.

Here's an idea!

Until you have T:ANE< anything older will require a clone of the locomotive(s) that you want in the consist that are NOT the lead unit and want them to NOT ring. Then, the cloned item(s) has to be adjusted in the config.txt file to have a silent bell... That would be the quickest and easiest way to fix it.

Last edited:
I just purchased the Amtrak P42DC - Phase V Monday. This is in T:ANE sp1, and when I use the whistle the bell starts. I have to hit B to turn it off. If I click on the bell in the cab nothing happens, same for the horn. But I can't fine where this can be fixed. I didn't see anything about the bell in the config.txt.

I just purchased the Amtrak P42DC - Phase V Monday. This is in T:ANE sp1, and when I use the whistle the bell starts. I have to hit B to turn it off. If I click on the bell in the cab nothing happens, same for the horn. But I can't fine where this can be fixed. I didn't see anything about the bell in the config.txt.

This is the thing someone spoke about above. This is a prototype operation and it was setup that way which is why the bell will begin when the horn is sounded. the horn and bell should work in cab so not sure what the issue you are having there is, you may need to depress the button by clicking and holding on it as well.

I now have T:AME SP2 HF 1, and my Amtrak P42DC Phase V still the bell rings when I hit "H" or click on the horn cab controller. I've tried pushing the buttons on the console, but they don't work. Not the sand, horn, nor the bell. I have to hit "H", "B" or push the icons on the cab controller, then the button on the train move, but not with the mouse. When I come to a crossing I don't like the bell ringing when I blow the horn, then push B to turn it off. My freight engines don't have that problem. I don't see anything in the config file either about the horn and bell.

Back