Patching oddities for TMR17...

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Hi Trainzers,

Here's one I can't make sense of.

I've just loaded in my TMR17 (TMR2017) copy (build 85103) and it informed me there was a patch available.

I followed it through and used the TMR 17 public release stream and it said there was no patches available.

However I then had a look on the T:ANE public release stream and it brought up a patch to 85470 which I'm currently installing.

The two things I don't get are:

1. How did I end up with build 85103 at the start since I purchased the game after it was released?
2. How has the patch to the release build ended up on the T:ANE release stream rather than the TMR17 one?

Any answers are appreciated as I'm rather confused.

Shane

Last edited:
That is weird. Though N3V may have released the same version as was the test version which still required the update.

The other sounds like a server mix up... ?

I don't understand either.

Thankyou for your response John - I'm glad to see I'm not the only confused one.

I've a feeling N3V need to weigh in on here as well as something strange is going on that could affect other TMR17 users.

Shane

I am not a beta tester though. I am using TRAINZ Plus. 123794. Yep that's what I told you.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Shane,

I got the 85103 build when I did the pre-order. When the full release (85470) came out, I was told about the patch, and got the same no patch available message you did. I went around with N3V several times without resolution. I was finally told to uninstall the 85103 version, and install the 85470 version. I'm just glad I didn't make changes to the 85103!

Bob Morrison

Back