Annoying Sound on Trainz

I have a major (and annoying) problem: every time I load a certain map on Trainz 12 (it's one I created), I hear this annoying repetitive sound in Driver mode. I have removed EVERYTHING in sight (sans track), but the sound persists and is annoying the f*** out of me. Has anybody encountered this problem before, and is there a solution to this?

I feel like I added an invisible thing onto the map, so that could be the cause.

Yup that can be annoying!

What you need to do is use the grid view. I can't remember which hotkey it is, but it's the button to the right of the filter and driver setup with the grid on it.

Once you see the grid instead of grass and textures, you can then look over the surface in the area for your noisemaker. Noise-generators come in different forms. Some of them are flat things with a speaker on them while others are a tall yellow post, with so many variations in between.

During your process, you might end up either hiding, using layers, or deleting assets to clear the ground if there's too many things in the way.

Once you find the little sucker, you can delete it and vanquish that enemy. After you're done removing the noisy critter, you can then press the grid-view button again and return back to the normal view.

I had this problem a while back. I tracked it down to the Station Announce asset. I could not see it at all on the grid after much searching. My solution was to finally edit the config file of the Station Announce asset and remove the section which pertained to the sound. Problem solved. I am sure the asset is still lurking on the map but at least it is silent.

Does it get louder as you get nearer ... or is it the same volume globally on the entire route ?

On "The Loops" I found the annoying big ben bell tolling sound hidden underneath a building

Since this has yet to be asked, What exactly is the pesky sound? If you can describe it, we may beable to identify it in part or in whole and narrow the hunt down to a smaller group, what it may actually look like, and how it sits on the map thus speeding the removal of the annoyance.

Since it's one you created and you've removed a lot of stuff already, I'd suggest use the "Delete Missing Assets" option on the Surveyor File menu in Edit Route mode.
Think back over some of the assets you added to the map (and where they were added) to narrow some of the culprit candidates down.
If needed, place one or two of these on another test map (that you'll dispose of after finding the miscreant) to see if you can hear the offending sound(s).
Some (like the removed Forestry Industry) leave no trace of the sound source on the map - either in grid view or normal view - but the sounds of the chainsaws and front-end loaders remain. You only find them by 'flying' over the now vacant area by the sounds they left behind.

Is it just in Driver?

If you can't find it by looking, try listing the dependencies for your route and session in CMP and use the Disable function for, say, 20-50 assets at a time. Don't save or modify the route or session while you're doing this. It shouldn't take too long to narrow down.

Back