Screenshot of The Week: December 25 to January 1 2017 (Year In Review)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Once a year, we look back upon how we've spent the last 8760 hours of our lives; might be happy, might be sad, might've broken a knuckle or two. As the year draws to a close but before everyone turns the last page of this chapter, show us your most memorable picture or one that best sums up your year. This week's theme is Year In Review. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on January 1 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

New Year's Day, 1946. World War II is finally over, and with the war's end, troops that have been overseas, some for four years are more, are still coming home. Many passenger trains on the Pennsylvania Railroad are still scheduled in two sections to keep up with demand. Here, we see the second section of the Golden Arrow as it rushes across western Ohio. The war years have been hard on the railroads, with little time to maintain equipment or maintain the elegance of prewar times. Nevertheless, the PRR has seen the United States through the last year of the war, and now it will see it through the homecoming of the U.S. armed forces. Ahead, railroads face even harsher times, and eventually secondary passenger trains like the Golden Arrow will fade into history.

f0b5e08e0b35ec901c838b1c2bfa92ff.jpg

Last edited:
It all started on Wolf Hill. That's where the Wolf Hill & Western Route took shape. Commuter trains on the Wrong Island RR Branch started running residents of the hill down to the Main Station in the City of Wolf Hill, below, at the start of their journeys.

89c43d7b4e2da29471d73e25801a2d86.jpg

Last edited:
Too much to explain... too much to gain... too much screenshoots... so just simply one. Nothing special or memorable. After all i'm quite exhausted...

pm372_20161226_0006v2.jpg

Sincerely,
Pm37

A BNSF local freight led by a pair of GP38-2s makes its way across the Cascades, embodying the somewhat scary year of 2016. But, there is hope.

Hello from France, and Happy new year....

My favorite screenshot from 2016 :

Friendly yours, Marc

one that best sums up your year
I can safely say it was a very extreme year. 2016 was "our" year and we knew that before any of my friends and family knew.

In 2016 I got married, which was a shock for most friends and family to begin with (even though I was with the same girl for over a decade already). Since that was mainly a joke, a good excuse to have a party and to arrange some formalities I took that other big event that happened and tried to put that into a picture.

First the picture:
AF-%26-EN.jpg

... and then the explanation:

What you see in the picture is a big boy dragging a heavy load. The engine represents how I started the year; as a big boy. Sure, I had a girlfriend, but without one or more children you are still just a big boy. 2016 was the year a part of that needed to change. Sure, I prefer to stay a big boy, but we decided it was time to try and start a family.
Early January we got the news my (then still) girlfriend was "with child". In February we learned she was carrying twins. In September my son (initials A.F.) and daughter (initials E.N.) were born. I added a caboose to representing my wife; having my back and very important for the safety of the rest of the train.
The train is crossing a gap, representing the huge change in life, and heading for a tunnel; we don't know what is ahead of us for 2017 but we are confidently going in :) .

Preserved Gresley A3 Flying Scotsman & BR Class 105 DMU at Edinburgh Waverley Station

Here's one of my favourites I made during the year:

A train consisting of the preserved Gresley A3 Flying Scotsman locomotive and a set of panelled coaches both resplendent in LNER livery enters Edinburgh Waverley Station after its tour of the Highlands as a humble BR Class 105 DMU departs.

LNER%20Flying%20Scotsman%20and%20BR%20105%20DMU%202.jpg

Here we have the James Whitcomb Riley finishing its run into Cincinnati from Chicago. Even pulling up the short steep grade into the terminal yard the big Niagara barely strains with the consist.

132370bef58e58ba7594d1a5e011ecf3.jpg

Dave

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 2 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until January 8, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

So hard to choose - Everyone put in some wonderful shots.

My votes go to,..

oknotsen .... for sticking to the theme and telling us a true-life story

GIRAUD .... always love Marc's work,... and Paris!

acyunczyk
oknotsen

These two have pointed out how the pics meet the theme best.

@oknotsen- The story's symbolism is beautiful.

Have a great year y'all.

Back