AASHTO Road Tutorial

qazwaseat

KRR Route Builder
Hey all, after watching Approach Medium's video where he ask for help on making intersections with Gfisher's AASHTO roads. I decided to show how I make intersections using these roads.

T-Intersections

1) Place your roads in the shape of a T like so.

eGzLxEg.jpg

2) Add vertexes to cut the road away where the intersection will be.

lUCJGQ2.jpg

3) Add "Unmarked EM Oneside" on the bottom road, then continue to add "Unmarked Em Oneside" from the bottom road to the top road like this.

IH5wM47.jpg

4) Resize the intersection so the top road and bottom roads are much closer like this.

x70U8cs.jpg

This is the final result, this can be used for any variation of T-Intersections.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four-way Intersection

1) Place your roads through each other like this.

8woeBns.jpg

2) Add vertexes to cut out the intersection like so.

NMrYGOa.jpg

3) Add "Unmarked EM" to each road and your final result should look like this.

Yg1RKek.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now If you want to add "Stopline EM" to the intersection, here's how.

1) Redo Step 1, but instead of removing the intersection remove small sections from the road out side of the intersection like this.

pIrnxDW.jpg

2) Add "Stopline EM" to the roads and replace the roads in the intersection to "Unmarked" to get something like this.

EOVEkNx.jpg

3) Move the roads to make the stoplines closer to the intersection and this should the final result.

Ayfh23N.jpg

Add traffic light, stop signs, and street markings for the best looking results. Also, if you have sidewalks add "PC Stopline EM" to add a touch of realism.

If you have any question about this leave them below and i'll answer them as quickly as possible.

Cheers, Qaz

Last edited:
Back