TMR17 - 2 requests

samplaire

- freeintcam - one of the best/most used features for screenshot makers. After months of absence already introduced to TANE. Why abandoned in TMR17?
- content manager (or what it's called now) - somebody promised me 2 years ago that this is only a beta version but it still looks ugly as hell.
- an annoying bug which is present from first incarnation of TANE (2 things) - when you are in fullscreen mode and switch window to another application and back to Trainz - you are in Windowed mode. Second - when you have at least one TMR window opened and double click on TMR alias or TMR.exe you get nothing. But when you close your last TMR window opened (launcher, settings, content manager) even hours later - a new launcher pops up. And this pops up the number of times of your attempts to launch trainz. 100% replicable.

- freeintcam - one of the best/most used features for screenshot makers. After months of absence already introduced to TANE. Why abandoned in TMR17?
- content manager (or what it's called now) - somebody promised me 2 years ago that this is only a beta version but it still looks ugly as hell.
- an annoying bug which is present from first incarnation of TANE (2 things) - when you are in fullscreen mode and switch window to another application and back to Trainz - you are in Windowed mode. Second - when you have at least one TMR window opened and double click on TMR alias or TMR.exe you get nothing. But when you close your last TMR window opened (launcher, settings, content manager) even hours later - a new launcher pops up. And this pops up the number of times of your attempts to launch trainz. 100% replicable.

Good point on the freeintcam, but this is a model railroad where you're supposed to be on the outside. :) However, riding around the room from a model-person's point of view is interesting and I've done it myself. If I were you, I would report this as a bug so that it's included next go around/patch.

CM is CM... no comments. From what I've seen in the Trainz Dev test versions is the fonts and coloring are a bit better, though not much different.

And finally There's two things here and one can be fixed.

Regarding full screen...

Set the option to run Windowed and maximize the application from the maximize icon on the upper right of your screen just like any other windowed application. The result is the program will run within the bounds of your taskbar and you can bring up any application at the same time. You can also minimize T:ANE without it barfing either. This also works well especially with two displays because you can then click between the two open applications without needing to maximize or minimize.

On the application not quitting after double-clicking...

This is a code issue which I agree should be addressed. It requires a change in the program, probably as I'm not a programmer, to prevent a second launch of the program. Otherwise, as you said, the second copy remains in memory ready to start when the others have finished executing.

John

... freeintcam - one of the best/most used features for screenshot makers. After months of absence already introduced to TANE. Why abandoned in TMR17?...

...Good point on the freeintcam...

The lack of Freeintcam could be a software versioning error rather than a deliberate move to remove it, at least I hope so !

Working with multiple versions of the same program code is difficult (been there, done that :)) and it's easy to loose things on the way.

Maybe we can get a definitive answer from Chris Bergmann ?

Chris M

TMR17 is an older build than the latest T:ANE SP1 patch. We deliberately locked it down quite a while back to ensure that the release version was a known quantity and that the route creators could be ensured a specific feature set. Nothing has been "removed" as compared to T:ANE; the feature was simply not present in the version of T:ANE that TMR17 is based on.

- an annoying bug which is present from first incarnation of TANE (2 things) - when you are in fullscreen mode and switch window to another application and back to Trainz - you are in Windowed mode.

Press alt-enter to toggle full-screen mode.

hth,

chris

Press alt-enter to toggle full-screen mode.
Thanks but I know it. I don't want to do 2 key-combinations to be in fullscreen mode because it's annoying for me being a content creator. It takes just time unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Thanks but I know it. I don't want to do 2 key-combinations to be in fullscreen mode because it's annoying for me being a content creator. It takes just time unnecessarily.

From my post above.

Regarding full screen...

Set the option to run Windowed and maximize the application from the maximize icon on the upper right of your screen just like any other windowed application. The result is the program will run within the bounds of your taskbar and you can bring up any application at the same time. You can also minimize T:ANE without it barfing either. This also works well especially with two displays because you can then click between the two open applications without needing to maximize or minimize.

Back