Great News! New HD

SuperSpeedMaglev

Wonderfully Old Fashioned
I'm hoping to get my first External Harddrive!
(Not for Christmas, already a bit pricey :eek:, hopefully Jan '17)

So this thread dosen't sound like boasting, what I really want to say is thank you to the forum!

I was looking at this thread last night, so I looked into external hard drives and was delighted to find there's no fiddling about with my PC Case, it's as simple as plugging in a few cables! :D

The thread really made me think, for one, I have the Ffestiniog Route, which took WEEKS(being non first class ticket holder mind you. Not bad internet.. :hehe:)to download.

It would be a nightmare redownloading it all again.. :confused:

Anyway, so I don't ramble, I just want to say thank you to the community for opening my eyes. :) ;) :D

If your PC jacks are USB 3.0, an external HD may work ... as a USB 2.0 through a regular USB cable may not transmit data fast enough, causing stuttering framerates, and pauses

Last edited:
I would not advise trying to run Trainz from an external drive but it will be very good for backups. I use an external drive for that, I keep three backups, deleting the oldest one every time I do a new backup.

Cheers,
Bill69

I would not advise trying to run Trainz from an external drive but it will be very good for backups.

Cheers,
Bill69

That's EXACTLY what I'm using it for, backups. :)

Of course, running it would be foolish as it's designed to STORE data only, not run programs like a normal PC.

Back