My CSA Challenger, NYC H10b Mikado and PRR T-1 Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really is. That was not very nice of him to ridicule you in that way. For what it's worth, the model looked excellant.

I know! Daylight is soooo rude!

He really is. That was not very nice of him to ridicule you in that way. For what it's worth, the model looked excellant.

Like it was actually gonna get finished in the first place.

See here's the thing: I was right. I wasn't going to get done. I see this too often on the fourms where people start building their favorite train only to never finish it because they don't realize how much work it takes or they loose intrest. I was not "ridiculing" I was simply stating a fact. For starters, you started with a massive articulated steam engine. Secondly you where using a program that has no native trainz exporters. What guarantees compatibility? Lastly, good progress is not a word I would use to describe this project so far. The last update on the model with a picture was March 3rd. That was 10 months and 3 days ago. If you really want to build a train for Trainz. Start with getting a simple cube in the game. Learn how to assemble config files, how to texture, understand attachment points, animations, complex shapes and then try your skills on things like scenery, rollingstock or other content before making a train.

Edit: On top of that you left 2 visitor messages to this post about me being rude. It was rude of you to try and stir up drama.

See here's the thing: I was right. I wasn't going to get done. I see this too often on the fourms where people start building their favorite train only to never finish it because they don't realize how much work it takes or they loose intrest. I was not "ridiculing" I was simply stating a fact. For starters, you started with a massive articulated steam engine. Secondly you where using a program that has no native trainz exporters. What guarantees compatibility? Lastly, good progress is not a word I would use to describe this project so far. The last update on the model with a picture was March 3rd. That was 10 months and 3 days ago. If you really want to build a train for Trainz. Start with getting a simple cube in the game. Learn how to assemble config files, how to texture, understand attachment points, animations, complex shapes and then try your skills on things like scenery, rollingstock or other content before making a train.

Edit: On top of that you left 2 visitor messages to this post about me being rude. It was rude of you to try and stir up drama.
EDIT:
Also, even though you might be right, you didnt need to say it like that. I can GUARANTEE you would feel bad if someone said that to you. So why do it to me? It wasn't the complexity. It was other factors. Like this: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/166583-dundun92/

Last edited:

IKR, I was actually going to get the finished product when it came out because I was in to it prior to ANL's Challenger getting it's much needed rerelease

Oh well, at least we have ANL's Model in the meantime
ae43e7ae6fb065809da3fcc4a02af044.jpg

EDIT:
Also, even though you might be right, you didnt need to say it like that. I can GUARANTEE you would feel bad if someone said that to you. So why do it to me? It wasn't the complexity. It was other factors. Like this: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/166583-dundun92/

I mean, he had a point. If you take on too many projects with a definitive end in mind, you either get distracted (what wound up happening) or you get burned out. He might have been blunt, but he was hardly rude.

Modifying an early challenger into a late challenger would involve rebuilding the entire model. Almost nothing about the early and late models was the same.

-Ben

I mean, he had a point. If you take on too many projects with a definitive end in mind, you either get distracted (what wound up happening) or you get burned out. He might have been blunt, but he was hardly rude.
it was rude for him to say: "like is would get finished in the first place" but you do have a very good point.

Very stupid arguing you guys! But Daylightrain is right. I tried modeling a ATSF Hudson a while ago but because its a huge engine and I dont fully understand modeling, I gave up because I was given advice from a modeler and he told me exactly what others have been telling you. But instead I decided to just jump the gun and try without even learni ng the program I did before. Now before you put too much stress on yourself, do what everyone else is telling you, Work on one project at a time.

I would also suggest using a program like Blender for your projects as others have stated, the program you are using is not able to export to Trainz.

Oh and one more thing, Listen to 3D Modelers who have experience and skills who are giving you advice!

Very stupid arguing you guys! But Daylightrain is right. I tried modeling a ATSF Hudson a while ago but because its a huge engine and I dont fully understand modeling, I gave up because I was given advice from a modeler and he told me exactly what others have been telling you. But instead I decided to just jump the gun and try without even learni ng the program I did before. Now before you put too much stress on yourself, do what everyone else is telling you, Work on one project at a time.

I would also suggest using a program like Blender for your projects as others have stated, the program you are using is not able to export to Trainz.

Oh and one more thing, Listen to 3D Modelers who have experience and skills who are giving you advice!
I can handle many at once.(that's not the problem) it still doesn't excuse daylightrains poor behavior.

My poor behavior from June 19th, 2017... Boy really got that one while it was hot... You continue to ignore the comments others make and disregard others while focusing on one particular comment because you continue to ignore the elephant in the room which extends beyond my comment. Sometimes reality is harsh, it's called growing up and learning to face the music. Everyone is a critic in real life and is constantly judging you. If you where offended, then I am sorry however this certainly isn't the rudest or cruelest thing anyone has ever or will ever say to you. Suck it up buttercup is what some would say. Take a step back, reexamine the previous posts and try to see it from other people's point of view. They are trying to help but only can if you want that help. This is my last input on this topic, how you choose to react is up to you.

Thread reported for being nothing more than a shouting match. (Really reminds me why i don't create content for this community.)

Not the first time it happened, it happened when Train_fan told me to shut up for asking when USSc1798's Challenger is slated to come out, no worries, the whole issue cleared up

...t happened when Train_fan told me to shut up for asking when USSc1798's Challenger is slated to come out...
How about not try and get me aggravated about something that is already resolved?

Also, I told you to shut it because USSc1798 is busy making them, but yet people like you pestering him to know when the will come out pushes him away to release them. And since he is in college and Trainz is probably his least worries right now, he most likely does not have a exact release date. Not everyone who models will have a exact release date. Now please don't bring this up again.

Project cancelled. Even some post project “discussion” done that doesn’t seem to go anywhere. Add a bunch of complaints and I think this topic has reached its end.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back