Latest updates

Latest screenshots:
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

This is great as it's giving you some modeling experience, but why waste the time on the PRR T1. N3V already has one available complete with passenger cars as a DLC pack.

But why waste the time on the PRR T1. N3V already has one available complete with passenger cars as a DLC pack.

I would assume these will be freeware and it would be nice to have a freeware T1. :)

Also, it's worth staying tuned to see how his compares to the Payware T1, we may be surprised! ;)

I have N3V's T1.
I bet I won't stop using it once this freeware one comes out. It's awesome. Probably best to do something nobody's fine before, or hasn't done for a while.

I would assume these will be freeware and it would be nice to have a freeware T1. :)

Also, it's worth staying tuned to see how his compares to the Payware T1, we may be surprised! ;)
I will only make a addon payware if there is a decent-quality freeware one available elsewhere.

Two things:
1. The challenger will be coal-burning
2. Would a up 9000 tender work for a challenger?

The CSAs have Vanderbilt oil tenders, the 9000s don't, so no. Why'd you ask? Doing a 9000 as well as all the locos above will be a challenge.

The CSAs have Vanderbilt oil tenders, the 9000s don't, so no. Why'd you ask? Doing a 9000 as well as all the locos above will be a challenge.
I thought the CSA's burned coal and oil.(and no, I'm not making a 9000 now). The reason I asked was because I forgot to get the plans for the challenger tender from the model railroader encyclopedia. I did, however get the 9000 tender.

You have used the default cylinders in Gmax that have 5 segment, you should only have one to save polys, every one new to Gmax runs into this.

You can export it to 3ds, import in gmax, and export with trainz asset creation studio(and, yes, I tried it, and it worked)

Good just watch out for the poly count as Gmax has a limit of around 35,000 or so, I have not used Gmax in 8 years so I could be off some.

Were the CSA challengers ever greyhound painted?
And, (excluding the headlight) what are the differences from the front frame of the upgraded CSA challengers, and the late model challengers.

The early UP Challengers where exclusively freight locomotives. they never had the Greyhound livery applied.

The differences on the pilot between the early and late Challengers post-modification are few and none. After the rebuild to bring them in line with the latest Challengers and Big Boys, the CSA's received these large covers over the air compressors. The distinct difference is that the late Challengers had grates on the covers as well as small doors for access.

Also they still lacked the UP shield, anywhere on the locomotive.

Early Challenger models. Notice the much more open pilot and more exposed air compressors.
IMG_6486.JPG

Post rebuild #3707. The light covers have been replaced by a large plate covering up the air compressors.

ATHG97242-2.jpg

Late model 4664-5, UP 3941, one of the last Challengers constructed. Notice the grates on the pilot.

66253606e121aadce765822c07ec008c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back